What a shitty college football card this weekend

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks schedule is FULL of great games to wager on

No idea WTF the OP wants

I know you can read Skippy. It's all been laid out. My premise had nothing to do with a gambling perspective. Merely pointing out that all but a handful of teams in the top 25 are playing cupcakes. As a fan, I don't enjoy watching blowouts. I like great football between good college football teams. We have a bunch of snoozers this weekend. It always happens once or twice a Saturday every year. This is the weekend.

I know you can read Skippy. It's all been laid out. My premise had nothing to do with a gambling perspective. Merely pointing out that all but a handful of teams in the top 25 are playing cupcakes. As a fan, I don't enjoy watching blowouts. I like great football between good college football teams. We have a bunch of snoozers this weekend. It always happens once or twice a Saturday every year. This is the weekend.

What about T Tech vs ASU? Might be closer than everyone thinks.

Guest boatboatboat

5. No. 12 LSU at Mississippi State (7 p.m., ESPN): This game should give us a pretty good indication of what this LSU offense is all about. Through two weeks, the Tigers have handled inferior opponents with Derrius Guice and the running game while Danny Etling has thrown the ball just 31 times. Guice should get a heavy load again but this could be the game we see some new wrinkles from OC Matt Canada.

With blowout wins over Charleston Southern and Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State hasn’t been tested either as Nick Fitzgerald continues to cruise under the radar among the better quarterbacks in the country. He could have the chance for some big plays with LSU playing so many underclassmen on defense in what will be in their first tough road environment.

4. No. 18 Kansas State at Vanderbilt (7:30 p.m., ESPNU): We’ll learn a lot more about Vanderbilt and its chances in the SEC East after this one. The Commodores have a really solid defense and Kyle Shurmur and Ralph Webb, one of the more underrated QB-RB duos in the country. Vandy had a nice win over Middle Tennessee to open the year, but Kansas State is a different level of competition.

Wildcats quarterback Jesse Ertz relied heavily on his legs last year while nursing a shoulder injury. Now fully healed, Ertz has looked good in the passing game while continuing to pose a big threat in the ground game. Ertz and the KSU offense will be a big challenge for Vanderbilt in what should be a really physical game.

dfded4e0aef533c415decbc5e6a734c9
San Diego State’s Rashaad Penny, right, scores a touchdown against Arizona State as teammate Fred Trevillion (89) celebrates during the second half of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, in Tempe, Ariz. San Diego State defeated Arizona State 30-20. (AP Photo/Ross D. Franklin)

3. No. 19 Stanford at San Diego State (10:30 p.m., CBSSN): Learn the name Rashaad Penny. With 413 yards in two games (No. 2 in FBS), Penny has stepped in seamlessly for the Aztecs with NCAA all-time rushing leader Donnel Pumphrey now in the NFL. In SDSU’s win at Arizona State, Penny rushed for 216 yards on 18 carries (including a 95-yard TD run), had a 99-yard kickoff return TD and a 33-yard TD catch. Stanford, seething after being gashed on the ground in a 42-24 loss to USC, will be a much tougher test.

Stanford has a stellar running back of its own in Bryce Love. Love is fifth in the country through two games with 340 rushing yards. Like Penny, Love reeled off a long touchdown run — 75 yards — last week and is a threat to break off a big one any time he touches the ball. With so much attention on the running backs, the team that can throw it effectively will likely come out on top. Stanford should have a leg up there.

2. No. 23 Tennessee at No. 24 Florida (3:30 p.m., CBS): Florida was terrible offensively against Michigan before Hurricane Irma cancelled the Week 2 tuneup that probably would have gotten the offense going a little bit. Tennessee gave up 655 yards in its 2OT win over Georgia Tech, so the Gators should have some room to make some plays though they will be without the nine players who were suspended for the UM game, including RB Jordan Scarlett and WR Antonio Callaway. If Florida is going to win this, it will need to limit Vols RB John Kelly and force QB Quinten Dormady to throw.

There are some obvious early-season SEC East implications to this one. Tennessee snapped an 11-game UF winning streak in this series last year. A win in the Swamp would be a nice start in the Vols’ quest to finally capture a division crown under Butch Jones. Florida has won the East the last two years, but UF fans aren’t exactly enthralled with the way the program has looked under Jim McElwain. It’ll likely be a low-scoring affair with the winning side easing some tensions on campus.

Can Tennessee beat Florida?

The Volunteers go against the Gators in week 3 and Yahoo Sports predicts who will win.

1. No. 3 Clemson at No. 14 Louisville (8 p.m., ABC): Lamar Jackson against the Clemson defense is must-see TV. Jackson has combined for more than 1,000 yards individually through two weeks, but Clemson is an entirely different beast. Auburn could only muster 117 yards of offense against Clemson, which sacked Jarrett Stidham 11 times. Louisville’s offensive line seems somewhat improved, but it’s hard not to think Jackson will be running for his life all night.

Still, Jackson is too good not to put some points on the board. He had a huge game against Clemson in Death Valley last year and has looked like a more polished passer this season. Clemson’s offense, with Kelly Bryant at quarterback, is not what it was a year ago. The Tigers are deep at receiver but haven’t established a clear pecking order at running back, but when your defense is this good you don’t need to score 40 or 50 points to win the game.

Whoever does win the game emerges as the clear favorite in the ACC.

Guest boatboatboat

numerous intriguing games

Ill vs S Fla (lets see if BBB is right about Ill, I say they cover the #)

OSU vs Army will we see the benching Barrett?

TEXAS vs USC can the longhorns avoid the blow out? I say yes

Cross town shootout for the Redhawks and Bearcats. Miami is definitely a team on the rise but UC has all around better talent

Northwestern has no business giving ANYONE 21.5 pts, falcons cover.

PSU giving 38.5 pts when they play Iowa next week on the road??? WTF??.........oh shit who am I kidding. They beat a horrific Georgia State team by 42+

Oregon damn near allowed a solid Nebraska team to steal one last week, they wont be asleep at the wheel vs a pesky Wyoming team. Play Ducks 1st half.

Southern Miss should be giving 9.5 to 10.5 pts. Who sets these lines??? Bank on this one.

Kent State is fucking horrible. If you don't like laying 14.5 bet the Kent State team total UNDER. Fucking horrible. I am serious. WHORE AHHHH able

Central Mich ML. yea you heard me. ML. I said it last week too. And?

UCLA will I play em at -3??? well YEA JFC Memphis damn near got beat by YOU L Mother Fucking Monroe. Really like the teams this week playing game 3 vs the teams playing game #2

More to come

BUT I DO LOVE this week in NCAA FOOTS

Love it with me!

Added mass in an open teaser 21.5

numerous intriguing games

Ill vs S Fla (lets see if BBB is right about Ill, I say they cover the #)

OSU vs Army will we see the benching Barrett?

TEXAS vs USC can the longhorns avoid the blow out? I say yes

Cross town shootout for the Redhawks and Bearcats. Miami is definitely a team on the rise but UC has all around better talent

Northwestern has no business giving  ANYONE 21.5 pts, falcons cover.

PSU giving 38.5 pts when they play Iowa next week on the road??? WTF??.........oh shit who am I kidding. They beat a horrific Georgia State team by 42+

Oregon damn near allowed a solid Nebraska team to steal one last week, they wont be asleep at the wheel vs a pesky Wyoming team. Play Ducks 1st half.

Southern Miss should be giving 9.5 to 10.5 pts. Who sets these lines??? Bank on this one.

Kent State is fucking horrible. If you don't like laying 14.5 bet the Kent State team total UNDER. Fucking horrible. I am serious. WHORE AHHHH able

Central Mich ML. yea you heard me. ML. I said it last week too. And?

UCLA will I play em at -3??? well YEA JFC Memphis damn near got beat by YOU L Mother Fucking Monroe. Really like the teams this week playing game 3 vs the teams playing game #2 

More to come

BUT I DO LOVE this week in NCAA FOOTS

Love it with me!

Will be tailing 3/4 of these tomorrow. 

In -BBB- we trust! 

BoDog has TT @ 18

Tailing. Don't fukk me here flattop. Pal.

Assuming BBB is basing this play against a KSU team that narrowly defeated Howard last week. Everyone including me thought Howard had shot their wad after the biggest point spread upset of all time, didn't quite work out that way.

I'm not betting on or against Kent St for now, not really sure how bad they are yet.