Canelo vs. GGG betting numbers

KingRevolver

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can argue about this until the cows come home.  It doesn't change anything... Canelo won 5 to 7 rounds of that fight.  118-110 card either way was ridiculous, but ruling the whole fight a draw was more than acceptable.  Fact remains... most writers at ringside scoring the fight had it either 7-5 GGG, a Draw, or a few had it 7-5 Canelo.

ONE GIANT CONSPIRACY!  Right?

Funny video showing defensive technique.  Sharty thinks the guys throwing the punches are better fighters (because they're throwing and missing) than the defender who made the video.   :laugh

Obviously you can't read. I never said the guy who throws more punches is a better fighter or should be declared the winner of the fight.

In that video, if that were a real fight (I only watched one), then the fight was a draw. No one landed a punch. Obviously one of them is the better fighter, but the fight itself was a draw. 

Don't you realize that what you're saying is that if someone were born without arms but an insane ability to dodge punches, that he would be the undefeated champion of the world without ever landing a punch, so long as his opponents tried to throw one? If you're OK with that, great, but don't call him a 'fighter'. 

In that video, if that were a real fight (I only watched one), then the fight was a draw. No one landed a punch. Obviously one of them is the better fighter, but the fight itself was a draw.

Thank you, sir. :cheers

No need to reward a fighter based on throwing more (as was said earlier), but missing 500 punches. Whew. Glad we agree.

LOL  A slanted article is your proof of this? 

If you actually watched the post-fight press conference (which I'm sure you didn't) and knew what he said in Spanish (which I'm sure you don't), you'd realize what was really said before it was lost in bad translation.

He has no reason to think he lost. 

HBO needs to do something about the Lederman cards... they influence way too many people who think, "Well, this guy MUST know what he's talking about..." so I'm going with his interpretation of the fight.  Meanwhile, Lampley, Kellerman, and Roy Jones were saying this fight was much closer and weren't shocked at all by the results, in fact, they agreed with it.

I had the fight 6-5 (GGG ahead) going into the 12th round and gave the last round to Canelo.  I told these clowns I had it a draw, and they laughed and laughed.  I was like, WTF?  Honestly, I was very confused as to the fight they were watching.  Very sad when people don't know what they're actually watching.  I told them, "Um, you're going to be very surprised if you actually think this was a wide GGG victory."  They continued to laugh.  Then the results were announced...

You'd think that would be a lesson learned.  "Gee, maybe I don't know shit about boxing."

Nope!  THEY KNOW WHAT THEY SAW!  Lederman card said so! 

Forget about most of the writers/critics there in attendance who had it a draw, or GGG 7-5, or Canelo 7-5.  Irrelevant!  They know what they saw and they know more than any of them!   :laugh

But TGF posters know more!

Yeah, they only watch big name fights and only watch boxing once a year... but they know what they saw.  Can't fool them.  

Not true pal.  Been a boxing fan my whole life.  And Lederman's card meant nothing to me.  I had it at 7 rounds to 5 for GGG.  I believe he had it at 8-4.  Yes it was far from a blowout.  But there is 0 doubt that GGG won.  

Not true pal.  Been a boxing fan my whole life.  And Lederman's card meant nothing to me.  I had it at 7 rounds to 5 for GGG.  I believe he had it at 8-4.  Yes it was far from a blowout.  But there is 0 doubt that GGG won.  

LOL  You guys are starting to really say the darndest things now.  You had it a tight fight, 7-5 for GGG, but there's ZERO doubt that GGG won?

LOL  You guys are starting to really say the darndest things now.  You had it a tight fight, 7-5 for GGG, but there's ZERO doubt that GGG won?

Yes, because my 7-5 scorecard was with me giving 2 very close rounds to Canelo.  The middle rounds that GGG won, there's no way you can make a case that Canelo won any of them.