Belmont Fall 2017

rdalert447

Wednesday 9/27/17

Staying with Bond and Englehart until Keeneland starts next week, although neither have been inspiring. Won a lucky photo with Bond, and Englehart's winners have been low odds. Hopefully one pops at a big price between now and then.

Race 2

$20 win #3 Nut Nut 5-1(Bond)

$5 DD 3/3

Race 3

$20 win #3 Isotope 12-1(J.Englehart)

Race 6

$20 win #8 Seafire 20-1

$1 ex ALL/8

Horse hasn't done much since coming to the US, but it's stretching out a tad here and I think the more distance the better. Gets rid of that stiff Geroux and picks up Lezcano. Hopefully Lerman picks up a big W after his rough DQ at Saratoga.

Good luck, men!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Race 3
# Horse Jockey Win Place Show 3 Isotope Saez L $15.00 $7.70 $4.00 5 Andesine Ortiz, Jr. I - $5.60 $3.20 4 Decorator Jenn Diaz, Jr. H R - - $3.20 6 Asian's Way Davis D - - -

Winning Trainer: Jeremiah C Englehart – Owner: Acqua Nova Stable
$2 Exacta (3-5) Paid $65.00
$0.50 Trifecta (3-5-4) Paid $62.87
$0.10 Superfecta (3-5-4-6) Paid $30.05
$2 Double (3/3) Paid $125.50
$2 Pick-3 (3/3/3) Paid $385.50 (3OF3)

Thursday 9/28/17

Race 3

$20 win #2 Luz Mimi 6-1(J.Englehart)

Race 5

$20 win #3 True Charm

$2 exbx 3/4,5

Interesting move by Ferraro here. Does his usual quick wheelback move, but takes a surprising drop in class. This horse has been the star of his barn for about two years now, so to put her out there for a claim signals some type of injury. But that seems conveniently obvious to me. Feels like he's up to something, so won't be surprised when she's gunned to the lead by this aggressive apprentice. Just hope she lasts.

Race 6

$20 win #2 Something Joyful 8-1(J.Engleheart)

$5 exbx 1-2

Bond vs Englehart. I'll stick with the longer price.

Good luck, men!

Say it with me, Brayden. F*ck Chad Brown. Even when he runs second he screws you. For me, I always got burned by Mott/Bailey, then Pletcher/Velasquez, now it's Chad Brown. Can't stand him.

I'll tip my cap to him but yeah I agree, he's a dbag and I rarely play his horses unless there's some value. Bring on Keeneland. New York racing was a bloodbath for me this year.

Fri 9/29/17

Couple of long ones today:

Race 4

$20 win #4 Red Curls 20-1

$1 ex ALL/4

Toss the last effort, horse doesn't belong on dirt. Love the switchback to turf accompanied by the stretchout. Lerman way overdue to bomb one.

Race 6

$20 win #2 Uncle Tbone 10-1

$2 exbx 2-10

.50c tri 2,10/ALL/2,10

Englehart has two in here, but the Saez entrants have been heavily bet so expecting this to be the longer half.

Race 9

$20 win #1 Tiz R Bella/1a Way Smart 6-1

Sticking with Bond.

Good luck, folks!