Go Time. Fight of The Year. [In-Fight Thread]

The X

Looking at Compubox numbers after the fight to pick the winner is stupid

Jabs are not worthless punches when scoring a fight

Aggression and who controls the fight are both criteria used to score a fight. GGG was clearly the aggressor who controlled the action. Canelo landed at a higher rate because he was more selective while GGG took the fight to him all night

Someone here said look at the compubox numbers so is stated them, and they back up what I saw , boxing fights are also graded defensively and it's obvious Canelo had a great defensive plan against golovkin , Canelo had more power shots and through a whole of lot less than ggg, I'll take a solid punch over a halfass jab to the glove any day.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Squeak knew boxing more than this... sad to see him look like a casual. Oh well.

Lol didn't you lose money on the fight?

And your analysis of how the fight would play out couldn't have been more wrong

But to top it off, Canelo's camp have stated that Canelo is going to put a lot of pressure on GGG.  That right there, folks, is the real ace up the sleeve... because GGG can't fight worth shit moving backwards.  He's only comfortable fighting when he's moving forward... stalking his prey.  When you pressure him, he cowers and makes it hard for him to throw punches.

Canelo will pressure GGG  :gun

I scored the fight before I knew the punch stats, idiot. I'm only using the stats as reaffirmation that this wasn't a wide GGG victory that you clowns are making it out to be...

Draw was the correct decision.

I never side it was a wide GGG victory

Think he clearly won, but it was competitive and I even said Canelo fought a good fight

You're getting desperate because you're wrong, Squeak.

I said Canelo's camp stated what the plan was going to be... I didn't say, "He's 100% going to do this." I said if it played out that way then GGG would be getting trouble. Learn to read, CK.

Guy mad I had it a draw and it was ruled a draw. It's OK, pal. We can't all be right all the time.

I can't read through the pages.

Do you all feel this was an honest draw, of course putting your position or fan stance aside?

I saw draw, and instantly thought back to the Lennox Lewis vs Holyfield 1 fight, and when they announced a draw, I almost dropped dead. I was pissed.

So, do you feel it was a robbery, or "travesty" as Lennox Lewis said his draw was, or pretty much scored normally?

Do you all feel this was an honest draw, of course putting your position or fan stance aside?

I saw draw, and instantly thought back to the Lennox Lewis vs Holyfield 1 fight, and when they announced a draw, I almost dropped dead. I was pissed.

So, do you feel it was a robbery, or "travesty" as Lennox Lewis said his draw was, or pretty much scored normally?

GGG won the fight. Watch Teddy Atlas' commentary post fight that will tell you all you need to know.

First teddy gets fucked when he gets the draw square for the Mayweather fight and now he gets screwed on getting credit for calling a draw. teddy can't catch a break

Kinger thought I was going to forget, I never forget.....just like when Factsman said if he got 2 tickets for this fight he'd take Kinger, and he got 4 he'd take me and Fish.....he then says he got 8 tickets but had to give them to more important people and we were actually 9-12

I have the PM's to prove it......Both these guys got caught in a Teddy bear trap...

I have to keep repeating myself.  I CALLED IT A DRAW BEFORE THEY EVEN ANNOUNCED THE SCORES.  Why would I call it a draw if I didn't think it was an honest draw?  I said it was 6 rounds to 5 (GGG ahead) going into the 12th, while Blew said it was 8-3 (GGG ahead) going into the 12th.  Blew must've been sucking cock all night and not watching the fight.

The 118-110 for Canelo score was fuckin' ridiculous.  But the DRAW was definitely the right call.

Unfortunately, these casual fans DKSAB.

When I called it a draw, everyone laughed at me and said, "Sure."  I told them, "You're about to learn something here tonight if you actually thought that was a wide GGG victory."  They laughed.  Then the scores were announced and I was the one laughing while they steamed.

Gotta teach these kids everything.  Might move up to Top 3 boxing mind after last tonight.

Kinger thought I was going to forget, I never forget.....just like when Factsman said if he got 2 tickets for this fight he'd take Kinger, and he got 4 he'd take me and Fish.....he then says he got 8 tickets but had to give them to more important people and we were actually 9-12

I have the PM's to prove it......Both these guys got caught in a Teddy bear trap...

Hurtful, Facts.  I really wanted to go.  

did you have the draw and lose money along with kinger?  Its easy to pick a bunch of different things and if you win one pound your chest.  Kinger probably had draw, canelo, and ggg by KO.

Had lots of scalps/bets on the 2 way, which obviously was no action. Had small on the draw on matchbook at plus 3300, which if you want to see, I can prove.

However, unlike most here, I see no need to show winning bets. 

Had lots of scalps/bets on the 2 way, which obviously was no action. Had small on the draw on matchbook at plus 3300, which if you want to see, I can prove.

However, unlike most here, I see no need to show winning bets. 

This is a gambling forum, most people here like to see other peoples winning bets.  That said, no i dont feel like i need to see your winning bet.  I will trust you.

But if i had the draw i wouldve posted my winning ticket already to get monkey riled up.