What is your biggest fear?

Gabe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't spend billions on research and establish "cures" for cancer so people could choose to die Joey. Embrace science and medicine, don't reject it. 

Life is priceless, and there's a reason we fight so hard and spend so much to elongate it. I hope he has an epiphany and realizes modern medicine is the real miracle and embraces the opportunity it gives us all.

Thanks pal.

He always said if he got cancer he wouldn't do anything about it and would live out his life which I always thought was just fine and I understood.. Now that it's a reality , it's a little harder to accept.

What cancer. What's the treatment, prognosis? If I could do mine again I'd have rejected the radiation part . Don't assume doctors know what's best

What cancer. What's the treatment, prognosis? If I could do mine again I'd have rejected the radiation part . Don't assume doctors know what's best

Don't even know. He refuses to discuss it over the phone. Meeting up later this week so he can tell me the details.

I agree with not assuming the doc is correct. Luckily my sister works in a hospital and has a masters in medicine of some sort (physicians assistant / nurse ) and can help us all understand better.

Don't even know. He refuses to discuss it over the phone. Meeting up later this week so he can tell me the details.

I agree with not assuming the doc is correct. Luckily my sister works in a hospital and has a masters in medicine of some sort (physicians assistant / nurse ) and can help us all understand better.

Sorry to hear all that, it sucks.

The treatments can suck, but they generally do work. Even if it's just buying a few extra years. Tell him to look into Keto diet too.

Guest pocketrockets

We didn't spend billions on research and establish "cures" for cancer so people could choose to die Joey. Embrace science and medicine, don't reject it. 

Life is priceless, and there's a reason we fight so hard and spend so much to elongate it. I hope he has an epiphany and realizes modern medicine is the real miracle and embraces the opportunity it gives us all.

JFC you are a fucking judgemental prick

As parents, we definitely want to be there for our kids.  But I think it would be much worse to outlive my kids.  That's probably my worst fear. 

Without a doubt....Buried my 62 year old brother in 2010 and watching my mother go through that was horrible....I'm pretty strong but if something were to happen to my son I'm not sure what I could lean on

Yup. Would never send any of my family to one. Would have them live with me well before that happened. I moved in with my grandfather for a year to take care of him before he died. Time well spent and he got to die in his own bed.

Pops made me promise I'd never send him there. I'd quit my job and move across country to take care of him and mom before I'd ever do that to them. They both deserve it more than anyone.