(possible JAIL time) LaVar Ball the main attraction at a preseason Lakers game, LOL

KingRevolver

• 1 month later...

If standard practices are applied, the three UCLA basketball players – including LiAngelo Ball – arrested Tuesday in mainland China under suspicion of shoplifting face between three and 10 years in prison if convicted, according to Chinese lawyers who briefed Yahoo Sports on the applicable laws. The sentencing guidelines could shift depending on the amount that the Chinese could prove was allegedly stolen.

Authorities believe the players shoplifted from a Louis Vuitton store near the UCLA team hotel outside of Shanghai. The Bruins are in China to play Georgia Tech on Saturday in the season opener. The players were arrested Tuesday after local law enforcement came to the team hotel and questioned both UCLA and Georgia Tech players before taking the three away. ESPN first reported the arrests.

LaVar Ball said, "I'm going to wait until I get more intel on what's going on" before he comments on LiAngelo Ball's arrest but said he's not worried. "He'll be fine," he said. "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."

If the arrest holds up and the UCLA trio is convicted, Ball, Hill and Riley could face harsh punishment in a country that is renewed for its zero tolerance penal code. Shoplifting in China carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a maximum sentence of a decade, according to the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China.

bear in mind this isn't a matter of IF they shoplifted. They have ADMITTED they did.

100% certain, Joe Blow from Des Moines does this................ 3 years hard time as a minimum  

LaVar Ball said, "I'm going to wait until I get more intel on what's going on" before he comments on LiAngelo Ball's arrest but said he's not worried. "He'll be fine," he said. "Everyone's making it a big deal. It ain't that big a deal."

If the arrest holds up and the UCLA trio is convicted, Ball, Hill and Riley could face harsh punishment in a country that is renewed for its zero tolerance penal code. Shoplifting in China carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a maximum sentence of a decade, according to the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China.

bear in mind this isn't a matter of IF they shoplifted. They have ADMITTED they did.

100% certain, Joe Blow from Des Moines does this................ 3 years hard time as a minimum  

Exactly.  Watch these 3 don't even get a slap on the wrist and somehow UCLA does nothing and all 3 are suited up for Saturdays game (of course I don't believe that last part)

Yea that's what I saw from one of their exhibition games.  Even watching some of the youngest and him play last year the kid looked out of shape or awkward out there.  But all the ball kids look goofy out there.

the youngest kid that's home schooling his last 2 years of HS is supposed to be a legit NBA prospect, but I think the middle kid only at UCLA out a package deal for all 3 brothers.