NBA ONGOING chat n smak thread

barman

Boston gonna miss playoffs with Kyrie

No way

I dont think Boston would miss the playoffs even if Kyrie suffered a season ending injury. Enough nice pieces there and Stevens is too good of a coach

Not a threat to the Cavs, and even before the Hayward injury i kept saying they are closer to Was, Milw and Toronto than Cleveland, but bottom of the east playoffs will be bad.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close out Memphis here. Davis and Cousins will never work

yeah not in todays game

Two great talents but no way i want to build my franchise around two big guys.

Only thing that gave them a chance is both are able to spread out and hit the 3, but Cousins cant really defend well on the perimeter and the guards in NO just not good enough

Wonder if Cavs make a play for Cousins mid season dangling that BK pick if Pels are easily out of the playoffs

No way

I dont think Boston would miss the playoffs even if Kyrie suffered a season ending injury. Enough nice pieces there and Stevens is too good of a coach

Not a threat to the Cavs, and even before the Hayward injury i kept saying they are closer to Was, Milw and Toronto than Cleveland, but bottom of the east playoffs will be bad.

actually think if Washington can get some help from their bench, they can compete with Cleveland. That teams starting 5 is really really good.

actually think if Washington can get some help from their bench, they can compete with Cleveland. That teams starting 5 is really really good.

their bench gets decimated though

Cleveland got deeper this year...if IT is healthy and in form for the playoffs they are better than last year

I know benches get shortened in the playoffs but you need some production. Wash would have been in the conf finals last year if they had even a mediocre bench

their bench gets decimated though

Cleveland got deeper this year...if IT is healthy and in form for the playoffs they are better than last year

I know benches get shortened in the playoffs but you need some production. Wash would have been in the conf finals last year if they had even a mediocre bench

their bench is better this year. oubre is better, and jodie meeks was a nice add. mahinimi can at least provide something in the paint if he's healthy. tim frazier blows, and jason smith is awful, but it's improved over last year.

Also, if kyrie has a season ending injury they would miss playoffs. Tripp, let’s not be ridiculous

Stevens would get the absolute most out of that roster

Lots of bad teams in the east also. Brooklyn, Chicago, Atlanta, Indiana, New York, Orlando

Then you have Detroit, Charlotte, Miami, Philly, Boston (sans Kyrie) all competing for four playoff spots and only one would miss out. Really 40 wins would likely get in

If it's a clean break, it might not take that long.  If not, it will take a year probably.

Complete dislocation is a bigger problem I think. Can't put any pressure on it for even longer following the surgery. Even if he did come back, his leg would be so weak he'd be pretty much irrelevant. This is similar to the Paul George injury.

Cavs have a better shot this year to beat the Warriors. Wake me up when April gets here.

West is stacked; Warriors are no lock imo. There is no easy series in the Western Conference playoffs.

IT might never be the same player again either; don't sleep on that hip issue for a guy who relies so much on his ability to change direction.

Complete dislocation is a bigger problem I think. Can't put any pressure on it for even longer following the surgery. Even if he did come back, his leg would be so weak he'd be pretty much irrelevant. This is similar to the Paul George injury.

Either way, his leg will be weak and will require rehab.  I broke my wrist my senior year of basketball and couldn't use it at full strength for about 6 weeks after getting out of the cast.  Granted, that's not pressure bearing, but I would think the tendons and ligaments would heal faster without use being in a cast.