Any good stories of friendly sports stars?

KingRevolver

Don Mattingly gave me a ball after Rickey Henderson ignored me as a kid.

Hulk hogan was really nice when I met him.

Remember the wrestler Marty Janetty? He's cool as hell. But he's a junkie and drunk. Or was. Hung out with him a few times at a bar when he was in town for some independent wrestling shows a friend of my friend ran.

Guy didn't have a drivers license. So a bunch of people took turns driving him around and getting him pills. He despises HBK. Which was funny.

Met David cone, don Larson and David wells in a suite at a Yankee game. They were all very nice. And Larson talked to my father every chance he got.

I used to hang around the Pfister hotel in Milwaukee getting autographs as a teen and Mickey Rivers was probably the coolest ball player I ever met, invited me and my buddy onto the Yankee bus to ride to old County stadium as long as we didn't tell anyone else, trouble was we had another buddy who came running after us as we were boarding the bus and Billy Martin looked at us and said sorry boys, you were told not to tell anyone else, no ride for any of you.

Nicest athletes I've met:

Nolan Ryan

Shawon Dunston

Wade Boggs

Dennis McKinnon (ex Bears receiver and was my little league baseball coach)

Carlton Fisk (even though he was known as a jerk, he was very nice to me)

Joakim Noah

Biggest jerks Ive met:

Frank Thomas

Scottie Pippen

Tiger Woods (met him twice and was a jerk both times)

Tim McGraw (I know, not an athlete but a complete ass)

Nolan Ryan

Shawon Dunston

Wade Boggs

Joakim Noah

Biggest jerks Ive met:

Frank Thomas

Scottie Pippen

sad to hear about tim mcgraw, tug mcgraw was nice when i met him... i would guess more often than not the kids of celebrities/athletes are total stuck-up dicks

Nolan Ryan

Shawon Dunston

Wade Boggs

Joakim Noah

Biggest jerks Ive met:

Frank Thomas

Scottie Pippen

That's too bad about Frank. I met him in Vegas and he was really nice to me.

BAUS

Met tons of athletes back when I was in visiting clubhouse for Brewers... Frank viola' date=' Sergio Garcia, Jim the anvil neidhart, Brutus the barber beefcake stand out as good guys. Reggie Jackson, John daly, and Kenny perry on my most hated list.[/quote']

I've heard that over and over again about Reggie.

BAUS

Many

Obviously my hometown boy Dallas Clark stands out front and center, super, super, good kid.

Through poster Herky......met Jeremy Accardo, Neal Cotts, and Shawn Marcum and partied with all on several different occasions, always a good time, again, all good kids........Herky and Neal on same pitching staff at Illinois State.

In my short stint in Tampa, lived very close to Dave Andrechuck and Marty St Louis and we frequented the same bars often and got to know both pretty well......had 2-3 beers with Marty after they clinched the Eastern conference championship in 2004, Marty is widely known as a very classy guy, as are most hockey players actually.

Many more, no time now.

Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris both as a kid at the old KC A's stadium, then at the Mulebach Hotel in downtown KC... Mantle had sent me a fake autographed picture and I took it with me and told my dad I wanted the real deal and my family got to meet almost all of the Yankees back at the hotel. Thing that bothered me most was that they both smoked..

My wife and I spent almost 3 hours with Walter Payton one afternoon here in Vegas.. Had dinner one night in Houston with Andre Dawson, Sarge Matthews, and Leon Durham of the Cubs..

Met Roberto Clemente, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, and Steve Carlton once when the Pirates were playing in St. Louis...

Many more but enough for now..

Met Chi Chi Rodriguez at a PGA classic back in 1993 with my father, he came and sat with us having lunch super nice guy, I remember he was quit moved because we were not like the other people there hounding for autographs and such, sat with us for 20 minutes or so and at the end he did tell me to take out my earring and join the Army

Don Mattingly gave me a ball after Rickey Henderson ignored me as a kid.

Hulk hogan was really nice when I met him.

Remember the wrestler Marty Janetty? He's cool as hell. But he's a junkie and drunk. Or was. Hung out with him a few times at a bar when he was in town for some independent wrestling shows a friend of my friend ran.

Guy didn't have a drivers license. So a bunch of people took turns driving him around and getting him pills. He despises HBK. Which was funny.

Met David cone, don Larson and David wells in a suite at a Yankee game. They were all very nice. And Larson talked to my father every chance he got.

i always wondered why Ricky was my favorite player

Will Clark tremendously nice despite having a bad rep of being standoffish with the media. He rented the guest house at a family friends property during the season since his main residence is his ranch in Mississippi. We would shoot doves with him in the back yard often. He also drove us around to paintball houses and businesses in his truck. Gave me tons of signed baseballs and bats that my mom still has somewhere.

Tim Raines "dated" my friends mom. He was cool as hell and had his assistant pick my friend and I up to take us to games when he would play in Oakland. I have a pic somewhere with him, Bo Jackson, and frank Thomas. I even got to play catch on the field with them. My friend stole a pair of franks cleats that said "big hurt " on them.

Baron Davis is a nice guy too. Seems kinda thuggish but he was very respectful and a gracious host. He also always had an insane amount of weed around. My friend was is realtor and he would have baron take us to clubs in sf to pop bottles and pretend we were big shots. My dad and brother did some work to a place in rented in sf. Was an insane mansion w an indoor pool. He paid my brothers gf to help him pack up the place. We found a bag that had nothing in it but a few pounds of weed , condoms, and a pair of custom made Air Force ones