Phoenix Suns fire coach after 3 games LOL

Brock Landers

I heard the team is the youngest in the NBA.  Maybe the youngest in NBA history.  

At least PHX has some young pieces and some great draft pick as assets.  Future in PHX much more bright than in Chicago. 

Problem is that the good players leave after their contract, and none of the great players ever want to come here.  Pisses me off!

Problem is that the good players leave after their contract, and none of the great players ever want to come here.  Pisses me off!

Name one good player that left and was truly missed?  Maybe Joe Johnson.  But the Suns just couldnt afford to keep him with Nash, Amare, and Marion on the roster.  Plus JJ just didn't want to be 3rd or 4th fiddle.  

Letting Amare walk was 100% the correct move.  He had one good year with New York, then he was pretty much damaged goods the rest of that contract.  

Isiah Thomas didn't choose to leave.  Suns traded him in that dumb three way trade.  

Im usually the type that thinks coaches in sports get fired waaaaaay too quickly, usually with very little logic behind it other than we didnt get as far as we want to (should always judge the process instead of the result)

But in this case the process looked horrific, i dont blame this firing at all. I wouldnt care about he 0-3 start, in fact if im the owner or GM i am happy about being 0-3. In the NBA its much better to be a 20 win team than a 34 win team. THen you just need to get lucky in the lottery draw and nab a franchise changer (a couple potential guys like that in the upcoming draft)

BUT it wasnt just losing, it was flat out being embarrassed and the lack of effort youd see on defense was mind boggling. Its like a shootaround for the opposing teams just stand there and shoot wide open shots all game with nobody even pretending to contest. You can have a bad roster and lose games, thats not bad coaching. But the product Suns were displaying, esp this early in the year? Thats bad coaching

But rebuilding in the west is much harder than in the east. No quality free agent will want to sign with a bad team.

A team like Phoenix isnt going to rebuild through FA anyways though

They need to rebuild through the draft like Twolves. And then, with the help of some lottery luck, you can attract some high end FA's once you build your foundation with guys like Towns and Wiggins

Its hard and its never a sure thing. Not only do you need some luck winning the lottery but you need it in the right year(s) (ie dont get the #1 pick when its Andrea Bargnani or Anthony Bennett), then you need that guy to stay healthy unlike the terrible luck the Sixers have had to develop him properly

A team like Phoenix isnt going to rebuild through FA anyways though

They need to rebuild through the draft like Twolves. And then, with the help of some lottery luck, you can attract some high end FA's once you build your foundation with guys like Towns and Wiggins

Its hard and its never a sure thing. Not only do you need some luck winning the lottery but you need it in the right year(s) (ie dont get the #1 pick when its Andrea Bargnani or Anthony Bennett), then you need that guy to stay healthy unlike the terrible luck the Sixers have had to develop him properly

Correct, no team can rebuild with FA’s. It’s tough though when you are selling sponsorships or tickets to a bad team that is 3 years away from competing.