the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

pocketrockets

Are you a Beatles or Rolling Stones guy?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Beatles or Rolling Stones guy?

• The Beatles
    • The Rolling Stones
    • Neither, fag music

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fish has no clue WTF he's talking about when it comes to this, sorry.  Anything related to Vegas or gaming... guy can talk circles around me.  Music?  Nope.  There are five things I'm an expert on...

Electricity

Boxing

Music

Scotch

Cigars

Top 5 mind in all of those subjects.

Lol

Talk about Hoover dam for 9 hours then.

Please do.  Ive had a tough time sleeping this week.

This should help. 

lol, when pr started thread i informed him that his answer to the question might lead to his deletion.   he obviously picked the right side (i knew he would).   you picked the wrong one.   but, worded it close enough that I might not have to delete you like I did kinger.

lol, when pr started thread i informed him that his answer to the question might lead to his deletion.   he obviously picked the right side (i knew he would).   you picked the wrong one.   but, worded it close enough that I might not have to delete you like I did kinger.

LMAO, Sol is an expert dribbler... he was tons of practice with the wife, guy is a master of dual answers

sol good guy, but the whole I've never been to a concert shit is unreal.   gonna have to take him to see something sick.

YEAH that still makes me shiver, cant believe it living in the States where are the cool fuckers play !

Im lucky if get to see fuckin Steven Tyler aged as fuck singing crazy for like 1000000th time, fuckin 3rd world bullshit.

Off the top of my head, some bands I like and currently on my playlists...

The Beatles

The Band

Carole King

Charles Mingus

Neutral Milk Hotel

Patti Smith

Tom Waits

Radiohead

Wu-Tang Clan

Rush
Dream Theater

Jean-Luc Ponty

Nine Inch Nails

Jimi Hendrix

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Led Zeppelin

Nas

Mos Def

Marvin Gaye

Fleetwood Mac

Pink Floyd

Jeff Beck

Thelonious Monk

A Tribe Called Quest

MF Doom

Frank Zappa

Rancid

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Herbie Hancock

Bob Dylan

The Clash

Madeleine Peyroux

Talking Heads

Elton John

Jethro Tull

The Roots

Iron & Wine
Prince

Neil Young

Sonny Rollins

Ornette Coleman

Cannibal Ox

Aesop Rock
David Bowie
Crosby, Stills and Nash
Steely Dan

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Kendrick Lamar

Top 5 music mind.  Write it down.

Yea, we gonna have to rectify this one.    Let me check some dates.

Problem is, it's gotta be a weekend concert.  Most of the ones Ive ever had interest in seem to always be during the week.  Some people have to work the next day ya know.

That's why that RHCP concert was perfect.  Was on a Saturday night.  Rescheduled date was last Wednesday.  Dumb. 

Off the top of my head, some bands I like and currently on my playlists...

The Beatles

The Band

Carole King

Charles Mingus

Neutral Milk Hotel

Patti Smith

Tom Waits

Radiohead

Wu-Tang Clan

Rush

Dream Theater

Jean-Luc Ponty

Nine Inch Nails

Jimi Hendrix

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Led Zeppelin

Nas

Mos Def

Marvin Gaye

Fleetwood Mac

Pink Floyd

Jeff Beck

Thelonious Monk

A Tribe Called Quest

MF Doom

Frank Zappa

Rancid

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Herbie Hancock

Bob Dylan

The Clash

Madeleine Peyroux

Talking Heads

Elton John

Jethro Tull

The Roots

Iron & Wine

Prince

Neil Young

Sonny Rollins

Ornette Coleman

Cannibal Ox

Aesop Rock

David Bowie

Crosby, Stills and Nash

Steely Dan

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Kendrick Lamar

Top 5 music mind.  Write it down.

I really like the ones I bolded... but seriously

Clash over Ramones? That one I dont get. Sandinista! is atrocious.

Rancid over Misfits or Black Flag JFC.

Problem is, it's gotta be a weekend concert.  Most of the ones Ive ever had interest in seem to always be during the week.  Some people have to work the next day ya know.

That's why that RHCP concert was perfect.  Was on a Saturday night.  Rescheduled date was last Wednesday.  Dumb. 

Lol dude.   I took emily to Jason Isbell at Red Rocks last month on a thursday (school) night.   Fucker had 2 openers instead of the one listed on ticket and with a show time of 7:30pm he came on at 10pm.  She was asleep.  I woke her up and she lasted 5 songs.    He did play her favorite song which was somewhat unexpected so that was nice.    Hung out for a while with her sleeping then we left.  She woke up on the way to the car and was pissed off that we left.  Still is lol.   

Bet you can make it longer than a 7 year old.

Who said "OVER"... :scratch

I dont see them in the mighty list pal... they have to be there if you like em

Ramones catalogue is amazing. AMAZING. Has puppy love songs, drug pimping songs, stabbing songs, boxing songs like:

love me some Dee Dee Ramone on vocals...

I met Tommy Ramone a few years ago... played with him on a karaoke show with punk musicians they clammed together to have fun with fans, I sang Blueprint by Fugazi.

Lol dude.   I took emily to Jason Isbell at Red Rocks last month on a thursday (school) night.   Fucker had 2 openers instead of the one listed on ticket and with a show time of 7:30pm he came on at 10pm.  She was asleep.  I woke her up and she lasted 5 songs.    He did play her favorite song which was somewhat unexpected so that was nice.    Hung out for a while with her sleeping then we left.  She woke up on the way to the car and was pissed off that we left.  Still is lol.   

:laugh  :laugh  :laugh

Emily is a punkrocker. That kid is gonna riot with that brain. God help Rito.

Haha.  Making it through a concert ain't the problem.

If I'm going to go, I'm gonna get my drink on and do the whole experience right.

That doesn't lend itself to getting up early the next morning for work.  Uncle D needs his beauty sleep.  

No, they don't have to be there.  That was a quick list of bands I like that I'm currently listening to... it's missing tons of bands I love.

In this case, yes, I do like The Clash over The Ramones, but it doesn't mean I don't like The Ramones.

Same here with Stones over Beatles.

But then again, the Beatles needed the Stones and so did the Stones with the Beatles... music scenes are always symbiotic and they need a fair amount of diversity.

Beatles are similar to the Kinks and viceversa, same style.

Stones is way more bluesy like maybe, The Who.

British invasion was great for american music just like American punk was great to the British stale rock scen of the 70s dominated by glam and prog rock,

American alternative and Brit new wave go hand in hand.

Music is beautiful.