Roy Halladay dead

BAUS

HOLIDAY, Fla. (CBSNewYork) — A plane registered to baseball great Roy Halladay has reportedly crashed into the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida, killing one person. It was not immediately known if the eight-time All-Star and two-time Cy Young Award winner was aboard the plane.

Confirmed

Unreal

PITTSBURGH (CBS/AP) – Authorities have confirmed that former Major League Baseball pitcher Roy Halladay died in a small plane crash in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida.

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said during a news conference that Halladay’s ICON A5 went down about noon Tuesday near Holiday, Florida.

The sheriff’s office marine unit responded to the downed plane and found Halladay’s body. No survivors were found.

Poster Herky, who hasn't been around here much of late, was known to throw down a few beers with Roy on occasion in the Tampa/Clearwater area.

Herky's good friend is Jeremy Accardo, and he was on the same staff with Roy with the Jays.

My father had beers with Roy at Foxwoods one night the year after he retired. Old man said he was pounding tequila like it was water. But was nice as can be. I have 2 napkins and a piece of paper he autographed for him because that’s all they had to sign.

I pitched all my life and appreciate a great pitcher more than anything and for some reason this and Jose Fernandez really hit me in the feels.

Sucks

Watch this video

https://www.facebook.com/thebsbking/videos/792799360908421/