OT: Tipping while Mexi

KingRevolver

It's a lot of pressure on me.

I feel like I have to make up for other Mexis being cheap, so I over-tip delivery people so they think, "He's one of the good ones."

I ordered Chinese food, it came to $17.50, and I tipped $10 on it. It's unreal how some people have to pick up the slack for others.

Delivery guys collect the delivery charge, so 15% is more than enough IMO. Save the huge tips for a sit-down restaurant when the service warrants it.

Guest ChrisHarvard

Delivery guys collect the delivery charge, so 15% is more than enough IMO. Save the huge tips for a sit-down restaurant when the service warrants it.

The "convenience fee" or delivery charge is not given to the drivers, they don't get any of that. Drivers make $4/hour while on the road and minimum wage back at the store.

True story...

2 weeks ago had $20.00 coupon from SBR (Sammy aint ashamed)

Ordered came to 26.00 , owed 6.00 cash

Mex delivery boy knocked on door... Sammy gave him a 20 spot ... he handed Sammy the 2 boxes started reaching for change

Sammy said kept it and drive safe

Thought the kid was going to cry...

Bet these pizza delivery guys are lucky to get a dollar

True story...

2 weeks ago had $20.00 coupon from SBR (Sammy aint ashamed)

Ordered came to 26.00 , owed 6.00 cash

Mex delivery boy knocked on door... Sammy gave him a 20 spot ... he handed Sammy the 2 boxes started reaching for change

Sammy said kept it and drive safe

Thought the kid was going to cry...

Bet these pizza delivery guys are lucky to get a dollar

Not many coupon clippers tip anything

Guest ChrisHarvard

That's dirty tactics. I know bartenders that do that kind of shit, guys leave them 8 on a 60 dollar tab and they write it as $18. Best just pay with cash. Of course, if you're not a cheap fuck they won't pull these type of shenanigans in the first place.

Not calling you cheap spankie :smileys-wink-367638

I usually tip around $5 on a $20 order. so I figured $4 on $17 no problem. Now this rule applies strictly to pizza and chinese food.

When I am in vegas or at a nicer place i'll tip 30% if it's good service.

I used to have a russian delivery guy and I would pay him $4-5 in dimes and he would always be so happy, like he had just discovered One Eyed Willy's treasure.

"OH TANK YOU SIR. TANK YOU SO MUCH SIR"

Made me feel like a boss.

Also had a pizza guy in college come by and we were all broke, stoned, and drunk... we offered him option a) no tip... or option b) come in have a few beers and smoke, he choose option b) and stayed for like an hour getting buzzed before he took off, he was very appreciative.

I guess it depends who your pizza guy is.

Also had a pizza guy in college come by and we were all broke, stoned, and drunk... we offered him option a) no tip... or option b) come in have a few beers and smoke, he choose option b) and stayed for like an hour getting buzzed before he took off, he was very appreciative.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n6740[/ATTACH]