Sports Card Collectors/Autographs

Dark Raver Camper

Flair didn’t come out until 1994 or so. They were the thickest cards ever made up to that point.

BAUS

You sure?

I got a Flair Mattingly rookie from 84. Worth more than the rest of he Mattingly rookies

Actually you’re right.

The fleer rookie was worth the most. The OPICI which was the same as TOPPS was hard to get and worth about $5 more. Took me awhile to acquire that one.

If I’m

Not mistaken there was another topps version worth more actually that took me years to get. TOPPS nestle maybe?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure?

I got a Flair Mattingly rookie from 84. Worth more than the rest of he Mattingly rookies

Actually you’re right.

The fleer rookie was worth the most. The OPICI which was the same as TOPPS was hard to get and worth about $5 more. Took me awhile to acquire that one.

If I’m

Not mistaken there was another topps version worth more actually that took me years to get. TOPPS nestle maybe?

The Topps Tiffany is still a well-liked and collected Mattingly ,  if it grades out at that 9.5/10 level  

The donruss too but with those cards from 80s its mostly tied now to how they grade value wise

Reggie Jackson ended his career with the A's.  

Dad brought me and my brother to a spring training game to see him when McGwire was a rookie.

Reggie didn't play.  But he came out in the tunnel and signed.  I have his autograph on the ticket envelope that the tickets came in.  Phoenix Firebirds envelope. 

Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  A's spring training home back then.  Home of the Giants AAA team as well.

Now home of the ASU SUN DEVILS. 

Anyone remember those mini cards?  Topps put them out in 87.  Or at least when I first noticed them. 

Were not worth jack shit at the time so I probably don't have many in the lot I kept.  Just probably some Mark McGwire's.

I pretty much have 20 of every card of his until 91 or so.  

A few sets still have these mini's in em as subsets ,  some auto'd now and short print in baseball 

Anyone remember those mini cards?  Topps put them out in 87.  Or at least when I first noticed them. 

Were not worth jack shit at the time so I probably don't have many in the lot I kept.  Just probably some Mark McGwire's.

I pretty much have 20 of every card of his until 91 or so.  

1986 actually. It was a 66 card set I do believe. 

BAUS 

Dad brought me and my brother to a spring training game to see him when McGwire was a rookie.

Reggie didn't play.  But he came out in the tunnel and signed.  I have his autograph on the ticket envelope that the tickets came in.  Phoenix Firebirds envelope. 

Phoenix Municipal Stadium.  A's spring training home back then.  Home of the Giants AAA team as well.

The Firebirds and the Toros must have been the worst AAA teams to play for in those PCL days. 

BAUS 

Met REGGIE a couple times at card show............he loved making the easy cash signing autographs.

He told me he had about 500 rookie cards of himself........

Met REGGIE a couple times at card show............he loved making the easy cash signing autographs.

He told me he had about 500 rookie cards of himself........

My Dad loved Reggie.  He was there at ASU about the time my Dad left ASU to go to Vietnam.  (later returned to finish after his 4 years)

Thus a Yankee fan as a kid in the early 80's.  Then the Angels.  Finished with the A's.  Was an A's fan until we got our team... 

McGwire still my favorite player of all-time.  Regardless of ROIDS. 

Vaguely...Cubs 3rd base coach is all I remember him for.

Why?

BAUS 

Believe he was the manager for the Phoenix Firebirds in the late 80's. 

Name just popped up in my head when thinking about the subject. 

Later was a 3rd base coach in MLB for a few teams.  Think the Giants.  Which would make sense since the Firebirds were the AAA team for the Giants.