Fishhead, any betting lines for OhioSt/PennSt wrestling?

ChuckyG

How’s it going Chucky?

No, only get Iowa dual meet spreads with my local.

Pretty good, Fish.  Really can't believe PennSt won.  Any pre-match Moneyline surely would have been around OhioSt -320 w/ PennSt +300.

The Flo-wrestlng guys had OhioSt winning by 10pts.  PennSt gets upset at 197.  I still thought OhioSt was golden w/ Snyder to go.

I know they won't make any excuses.  Snyder looked gassed to me, maybe from travelling the globe.  Props to Nevills on wrestling a great match.

Went up for it last night.  Hit the Iowa basketball game first and figured I'd walk into wrestling in about the 2nd match (basketball game at 6, and about a 15 minute walk between venues for 8:15 wrestling), but hoops was a blowout so got there for the start.  Great atmosphere, and figured it was all but over when Lee lost at 141.  Margin was really thin for PSU to win it, but controlled the damage in the matches where overmatched, and picked up bonus points in the ones that it was needed.  Another big one next weekend now as Iowa comes to town.

Pretty good, Fish.  Really can't believe PennSt won.  Any pre-match Moneyline surely would have been around OhioSt -320 w/ PennSt +300.

The Flo-wrestlng guys had OhioSt winning by 10pts.  PennSt gets upset at 197.  I still thought OhioSt was golden w/ Snyder to go.

I know they won't make any excuses.  Snyder looked gassed to me, maybe from travelling the globe.  Props to Nevills on wrestling a great match.

i would love to play at a book with that narrow of spreads on stuff like college wrestling

Went up for it last night.  Hit the Iowa basketball game first and figured I'd walk into wrestling in about the 2nd match (basketball game at 6, and about a 15 minute walk between venues for 8:15 wrestling), but hoops was a blowout so got there for the start.  Great atmosphere, and figured it was all but over when Lee lost at 141.  Margin was really thin for PSU to win it, but controlled the damage in the matches where overmatched, and picked up bonus points in the ones that it was needed.  Another big one next weekend now as Iowa comes to town.

Nice writeup, Tommy.  My summary of the match, compared to pre-match projections:

125: Kuhn wrestled a great 1st period.  Saved 1pt by not getting teched.

141: McKenna wins the big flip match of the nite.

149: Hayes wrestled a great 1st period.  Zain is relentless, kept coming.  Gets the tech late.  Zain steals 1pt by not stopping.

184: Nickal gets edge, is going to win.  With 1pt riding, Nickal gets late-turn for major.  1pt stolen.

197: Cassar gets the big-upset.  Gives PSU a chance.

285: Nevills gets the 1st TD, which was huge.  Snyder a dominant wrestler, but his one weakness is that he's not a back-pt guy vs the heavier guy.  After Nevills TD, Snyder would have needed almost ten TD to get to 8pt margin.  Ran out of time.  Props to Nevills for hanging.

My boy Suriano #1 at 125. Was with Mike Suriano the other nite. Hes a killer

I'll be pulling for Suriano at 125.  Looks like a great wrestler.  Would do wonders for Rutgers wrestling, if he could win Nationals or even make Finals.

REally, a few storylines in NCAA wrestling, as to how the title will play out:

1) Suriano transfer.  PennSt w/ Suriano would be incredibly tough.  Almost un-beatable.

2) McKenna transfer from Stanford to OhioSt.  Add in Pletcher transfer, who is currently unbeaten at 133.

3) Nolf injury.  Upsets the whole apple-cart, if he's injured or not 100% for NCAAs.

• 2 weeks later...

Very big upset in NCAAs:

* Coon (MICH) beats Snyder.

I'm not sure what the ODDS would have been on that match?  I didn't hear anyone saying that Coon would win it.  I'm thinking it would have been in the range of:

Snyder -550

Coon +500

Coon looked awesome.  And the Snyder notes above applied.  He looked tired at Penn St and now lost.

What Snyder has been doing is almost un-precendented.  Snyder has been wrestling for world-team and wrestling part-time NCAAs, almost like a 2nd job.  Snyder giving up a good bit of weight in NCAAs, now no lock that he'll win NCAA for 3rd time.