The Joey vs. Fish Basketball Showdown

jeffksu

Same here in baseball and basketball. I would have played anyone on here 1-on-1 15-20 years ago and probably be giving up 4+ inches in height.

Today? No chance. Quickness gone, ball skills gone, vertical gone, cardio gone, jumper gone. Basketball is like golf. Takes a lot of practice just maintain your game.

Yup. I stopped playing basketball from maybe 28-36. I started playing again like 2 years ago and thought I could just get back out and play like I once did. Not the case. I can shoot again, but the loss of my quick first step makes the game much harder. I’ve also lost a good 5-6 inches of vert.

Took me a good 8 months or so to even get back to being decent.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. I stopped playing basketball from maybe 28-36. I started playing again like 2 years ago and thought I could just get back out and play like I once did. Not the case. I can shoot again, but the loss of my quick first step makes the game much harder. I’ve also lost a good 5-6 inches of vert.

Took me a good 8 months or so to even get back to being decent.

For sure.  My biggest advantage was always my quickness.  Not even close anymore.

bunch of old men and young deemer trying to relive the glory days they never really had.  Even still I'll take fish at +1200 over any guy in this thread.  My guess is he will play dirty enough to keep himself in the game and i might have a decent middle opp at halftime

bunch of old men and young deemer trying to relive the glory days they never really had.  Even still I'll take fish at +1200 over any guy in this thread.  My guess is he will play dirty enough to keep himself in the game and i might have a decent middle opp at halftime

Some very, very good former athletes on this forum, including yourself.........not glorious professional careers, but still some damn good athletes involving a variety of different sports.

Now get to JuicyFruit and gobble up a terrific WANT that I just put up son, thanks.

:cheers

I've played in many pickup games with Fish during our college days in Iowa City...at the legendary Fieldhouse.

DO NOT underestimate is mid range jumper.

FWIW, his best sport is baseball.  He does need reconstructive surgery on his right shoulder though.

I am still waiting on the pic of Jax, sir.

bunch of old men and young deemer trying to relive the glory days they never really had. Even still I'll take fish at +1200 over any guy in this thread. My guess is he will play dirty enough to keep himself in the game and i might have a decent middle opp at halftime

Lmao coming from a guy who brags about how fast he went down a hill....

Deemer better athlete than WVU and his entire tent city family