Thoughts on the school cop at Parkland

WVU

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how he was trained. For many years, the training was to wait for backup to arrive before entering. Only in recent years have they moved to Stop the Threat Training. It’s unknown if the Officer in question had received the newer training yet.

rdalert wins the thread, shocked everyone has ignored this post

Anyone that thinks there's a simple answer to this is half retarded.

Agree.....I can’t think of shit to do but I also haven’t heard anything anyone else has said that sounds even remotely like the right answer...

Two things about needing guns has me on board with not banning them of any sort, even thou I don’t agree with one, I’m not going to say I’m right and they’re are wrong....here it is

1. Needing assault rifles to fight against our government.....I don’t think this will ever be necessary but I can’t use that as a reason to ban guns

2. The need to protect your castle.....you all can talk about other countries success with gun bans but I’ve said it a million x’s and will say it again... the home invasion rapes and murders of old White people will sky rocket and will not be reported by the main stream media

Give me an answer to those two problems with banning guns and I’m all for it

I know plenty of NYC Police Officer’s who have not received the newer training yet, so while the strategy may have changed, it hasn’t universally trickled down to the men and women on the ground yet. I’d rather wait for the facts than believe any politician like this Israel guy.

There is no training needed, when they say "dont wait outside, go inside and attempt to stop the attacker", that is the training. The police already have plenty of training on how to enter a bldg, etc.

I’m not making excuses for the guy. I think he should’ve went in. But he deserves his due process just like everyone else.

I know you didn't, I dont think there's anything that can legally be done about his inaction either(he has the right to quit at any time for any reason), hopefully someone will find him in a dark parking lot and take him out?

So now we know the FBI was notified about actual threats to commit mass murder twice, we know the police visited Cruz's house 39 times, we know many, many students at the school knew something was coming, we know the school administrators banned Cruz from entering with a backpack(hmmm), and finally we know that an armed cop...a cop...not a $10 an hour security guard, was there and didn't even try to intervene.

After all that, the media says it's trumps fault, the NRA's fault, and the guns fault, and instead of perhaps fixing the obvious things that went wrong, everyone in the country should give up their rights? I dont think that's narratives gonna work.

there NOTIFIED about a million times a day should they follow up every single one?

there NOTIFIED about a million times a day should they follow up every single one?

No, but they got not one but at least two tips, they also had his own threats openly posted(which is far more real than anonymous tips), combine that with dozens of calls about Cruz to the local cops and it was a total fuck up with plenty of blame to go around.

Israel is a pinhead!

Didn't he say he has demonstrated Incredible leadership? Considering that the shooter(cruz) actually got away, while the deputy's apparently stood around, his comments are absurd. Cruz got away and supposedly went to a couple places(walmart being one of them), he was only caught when he went home, like the dumb shit he is.

17 dead, many more injured, warning after warning ignored, and he thinks he's did a great job.  :laugh

This meathead went on CNN a day or two after the shooting, and after publicly burying the Deputy. But when Tapper asked him if a stand down order was given over the radio, Israel admitted to not listening to the tapes yet. He’s the fu(King Sheriff! Either he heard the tapes and he’s trying to cover up the stand down order, or he’s the worst Sheriff in the history of Sheriffs.

PS- not excusing the Deputy’s behavior. But if such an order was given, that person deserves to hang as well.

One more thought:

Does anyone know the Broward County PD Union rules regarding retiring BEFORE disciplinary charges? As far as we know, there could've been a Stand Down order over the radio, he followed it, and afterward the Deputy said "fuck this, I'm not sticking around making no overtime and risking my pension." Overtime towards end of career has huge pension impact in some jurisdictions, and if this guy saw years with no OT in his future, why wouldn't he retire?

Point is, his retirement may not indicate guilt.