Amazon Prime?

The X

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what I am saying is that they have 2day ship now at competitive rates and then have all those physical stores so site-to-store is an extra thing if a person wants/needs it. 

I wonder if the thing behind Amazon starting to get some physical locations is so that they can position themselves in case WM somehow gets up there to really compete with them online.

For $300, I would stop ordering from and using Amazon.

$150-$200 is the high end for me.

But........Walmart is starting to increase their 2 day shipping program and such, and with them having all these physical locations that you can get Site to store shipping with, it remains to be seen just how much of the market Amazon will control.

If they keep this up, more folks may dip to WM for online shopping and then costs can be driven down if both are highly competitive.

Amazon has locker locations where you can pick up your orders now. They are looking at delivering to your car at work if you are a prime member. Wal Mart can offer all of that for free and I still won’t give them a dime.

Amazon took care of me yesterday. 

There as an in-app purchase type thing that they hit me up to refund me about from years ago, and since I do not have the same card as I did from back then, they gave me site credit for stuff sold n shipped by Amazon. 

So....a 'free' $50 that I wasn't expecting was a nice surprise.

Well...

Let's say Amazon raises Prime to like $200 or so. And people get mad at use WM. They can have the stuff shipped as normal, but ALSO have the option to pick up at the store. The latter could be utilized if driving home from work and decide to pick up on the way. 

Because that's a helluva lot better than paying $200 on Prime. And again, wouldn't be the only option. 

Just something folks may utilize if Amazon decides to keep raising Prime. So there's a sorta buffer against that with WM emerging in the online game, yet having the physical stores, too.

I purchased a blood pressure cuff from walmart last fall, it was about $60 at drug stores, and over $45 from amazon, walmart had it for about $32, since I wasn't spending enough to get free shipping I chose store pickup and saved the $5 or so shipping charge. When i picked it up I checked what they were charging for the exact same thing on the shelf, and it was much higher.

Since i go to walmart occasionally anyway, it's a no brainer to pick it up.

Watching my first movie now.

There have been times where I forgot Amazon had movies n such and had to watch a movie for a class assignment and would pay to rent it elsewhere---only to find that Amazon had it where I could've watched for free. 

Took me like 3x of that happening before I started checking Amazon every single time I needed to watch something. Ha.