Question for the Pros: How many units do you need to win over the course of a season to consider it a success?

Machiavelli

i don't get the 2% thing

if all you wanted to do was make 2% then you could bet props with $10 limits

last time i checked when buying a car, eating out, etc, they want a specific dollar amount

wouldn't you rather make $50k even if it was 0.3% than $40k that was 2%

Didn’t you listen to Reno Marty? He knows everything

i don't get the 2% thing

last time i checked when buying a car, eating out, etc, they want a specific dollar amount

Making 50k at .03% means you got lucky. Making 40k on 2% means you got skills. The 40k guy will never have a losing year while the 50k guy will most certainly have several losing years.

Making 50k at .03% means you got lucky. Making 40k on 2% means you got skills. The 40k guy will never have a losing year while the 50k guy will most certainly have several losing years.

what if the .3% was because you found mostly 1 cent scalps and a lot of 0 cent scalps?

that certainly wouldn't be getting lucky, and it could be recreated every year for eternity with little variance and no losing years

what if the .3% was because you found mostly 1 cent scalps and a lot of 0 cent scalps?

that certainly wouldn't be getting lucky, and it could be recreated every year for eternity with little variance and no losing years

Good point, Michael. You prove there are exceptions.

i don't get the 2% thing

More money always better than less money.   The more you can bet on something though the lower the edges you are likely to find, so that will push down overall ROI even if you hit something like 10%+ on props or something