Anyone here own their own business?

brokerstip

Yea i use a cleaning solvent Perc which is highly carcinogenic, the EPA is trying to phase it out and the surge charge tax drove the price to $40/gal where it use to be $5/gal.  I own my own property(my 401 at the back end) so i didn`t trash my property, there is a EPA superfund for cleanup, tell your bud to check into that.

I am in Canada

We have stringent environmental laws here

He’s basically fucked regardless of the outcome as they are in court and he and his wife are in their late 60s

Really sad situation as they worked hard all their lifes and wanted to leave a legacy for the kids

Good luck to you enjoy your retirement

Always looking for additional ideas for business. I currently have my own consulting business but seeing if any other ideas can be expanded into different markets

I am not looking at any business opportunities right now as I am too busy as it is

But most my friends own businesses and the one that is probably make the most is in

the storage business

Personally I never use them but he tellls me that he has customers that have things stored for over 10 years

He laughs all the way to the bank

He also has a moving company as well

I am not looking at any business opportunities right now as I am too busy as it is

But most my friends own businesses and the one that is probably make the most is in

the storage business

Personally I never use them but he tellls me that he has customers that have things stored for over 10 years

Storage usually great biz but very high initial investment.

the storage business

If I was 20 years younger I would invest in the mini warehouse biz, its low risk but requires millions to open one.

It does but because the business is secured by property it’s a lot easier to get financing than most businesses especially if you have some money

Food truck is another good business if you run it by yourself

Do you just live on your rental income?

I have rentals as well but I am scared if I retire and there is a downturn in the market I would be left with negative cash flow because the property taxes here are crazy

I have rentals as well but I am scared if I retire and there is a downturn in the market I would be left with negative cash flow because the property taxes here are crazy

I do. I make a little money doing other things or invested in other small biz but primary is rentals. I bought a lot of them when the market was in the dumps here. I own maybe half of them free and clear. My equity position is great so as long as market doesnt completely bottom out ive got a solid retirement egg if my kids decide they dont want to run it.

The Charlotte real estate is in a boom phase right now, 30k moving here a year.  The renters here are paying 30% of their income on rent which the norm is 25%.  I prefer commercial because once you hand the key to the tenant they are responsible for all upkeep on the inside which residential the landlord maintains all inside and outside.

The Charlotte real estate is in a boom phase right now, 30k moving here a year.  The renters here are paying 30% of their income on rent which the norm is 25%.  I prefer commercial because once you hand the key to the tenant they are responsible for all upkeep on the inside which residential the landlord maintains all inside and outside.

Yea I own commercial as well

Commercial tenants also willing to sign longer leases

About 14 years ago their was a lot of vacancies in my area and I and just afraid that cycle could return

The economy has been running well for a long time

Renters here pay at least 30 percent of there income

Most landlords here are not getting a good return on their investment it’s the appreciation that they look forward to

Just one rental paid 19k getting 700 a month for about 1.5 years now. Going to rent the house I live in for the same amount when i move, bought for 26k invested around 13k so a bit under 40k all free and clear. Looking for another rental but much harder to find as Hispanics buy anything under 50k to fix them up, got lucky with the 2 houses I have now thank god

Just one rental paid 19k getting 700 a month for about 1.5 years now. Going to rent the house I live in for the same amount when i move, bought for 26k invested around 13k so a bit under 40k all free and clear. Looking for another rental but much harder to find as Hispanics buy anything under 50k to fix them up, got lucky with the 2 houses I have now thank god

Wow that’s a great return on your investment

Houses here on average are 700K

People rent them for 3K a month so not a great return

Wow that’s a great return on your investment

Houses here on average are 700K

People rent them for 3K a month so not a great return

My brother in San Jose said a starter fixer upper cost 1mil, poverty level for a family of 4 is 120k.  San jose and Charoltte ranks in the top 3 real estate market in the country.

My brother in San Jose said a starter fixer upper cost 1mil, poverty level for a family of 4 is 120k.  San jose and Charoltte ranks in the top 3 real estate market in the country.

It’s the same thing here

Couples with good jobs pulling in 180K combined can’t afford to buy in this market

One of good things about being older,we were able to buy when it was more affordable

The younger generation also aren’t willing to make the sacrifices required to save for a down payment