Kinger -- STOP going to Starbucks

Sam Odom

you should come back and visit, it's unreal how big some of these areas have gotten

off of 151/c just off eastown, that part of sun prairie now is like its own city with tons of stores/restaurants/apartments/etc... 5 years ago it was all vacant land

Oh, wow. Yeah. I should. It's been a while since I've been back in Madison.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how so ?  I agreed with you

I thought you were talking about blacks in the deep south -- why else would you single out the 'deep south'

REREAD my reply post #33

Oh no, sorry, Sam.   

I can't single out one side over the other to be honest with you because down here there are tons of completely racist pieces of shit on both sides, it's remarkable really. 

the problem is solved except for the station owner who now has irritated older customers and had his pumps occupied for a longer period of time.

many of these stations have mcdonalds/subway or their own in-house sandwiches... so if you go on prepay the customer that still likes to pay cash or buy cigarettes/etc in the same transaction leaves his car at the pump... walks in, looks around, pays, goes to the bathroom, goes back out and pumps.  so that pump might be occupied for 10+ minutes!

if it's not prepay, he fills the tank and then pulls up to a parking spot away from the pumps to do the rest of his business... pump occupied for 2 minutes instead of 10.

Whether pre-paid or not it would not occur to me to move my car out of the spot until I was done completing my business. If I am paying cash in side after the fact, I am still shopping around the little market and doing whatever, before returning to my vehicle. Maybe other people are more conscientious than that but I really don’t think it’s a huge factor. I just don’t know many people who pay cash. Usually they pay with a credit card at the pump anyway to get out of there more quickly. Maybe there are a few older people who want to pay cash after filling their car, moving their car and then going in to pee and buy things inside the station, but seems like in this situation, pre-pay with solve more problems then it causes. Jmo

Oh no, sorry. 

I can't single out one side over the other to be honest with you because down here there are tons of completely racist pieces of shit on both sides, it's remarkable really. 

No problem... seems like people of goodwill feel like they are walking on eggshells discussing this subject

Racism is politicized and used as a wedge unfortunately

Whether pre-paid or not it would not occur to me to move my car out of the spot until I was done completing my business. If I am paying cash in side after the fact, I am still shopping around the little market and doing whatever, before returning to my vehicle. Maybe other people are more conscientious than that but I really don’t think it’s a huge factor. I just don’t know many people who pay cash. Usually they pay with a credit card at the pump anyway to get out of there more quickly. Maybe there are a few older people who want to pay cash after filling their car, moving their car and then going in to pee and buy things inside the station, but seems like in this situation, pre-pay with solve more problems then it causes. Jmo

at stations that aren't prepay only, i think about 85% pay at the pump... station owners i know would much rather NOT have prepay unless they have to because of drive-offs, having people come into the station after pumping to buy other stuff is usually a good thing too (in addition to not hoarding the pumps during high traffic times)

at stations that aren't prepay only, i think about 85% pay at the pump... station owners i know would much rather NOT have prepay unless they have to because of drive-offs, having people come into the station after pumping to buy other stuff is usually a good thing too (in addition to not hoarding the pumps during high traffic times)

Well I don’t know any station owners, so you would know better than I, but on a related note, I’m all for bringing back full service!

Now I need to go pick up my car and shell out 900 of my favorite dollars. Then I’m going to buy gas. I guess I’ll look around and see what the climate is....how many pay inside vs out etc.

I usually don't share or like to get involved in this kinda stuff because it's just a never ending mess but I have to share this one. 

I was in a local Subway on Monday in line waiting to get a salad with a couple friends. This couple walks in and they are behind us and I notice they have poster board sign and American flags painted on their faces and arms.  Looked like they were coming from a parade or something I dunno. 

We get our food and sit down and they follow and they open sign and put it against the wall so everyone can see it.  So it catches the corner of my eye since its bright red. 

It said " If the President can hate niggers and wetbacks we sure as fuck can"  

These two older colored ladies walk up to the counter and ask for the manager, they ask if he can have them put that sign away please, not to kick em out or anything just to put it away because they were extremely offended and it was in very bad taste. 

The manager a middle aged white guy said ---  Look imma call cops and have both of you run outta here (talking to the two older ladies) if you don't like it you can go elsewhere, try Canada! 

I am not interested in arguing about whos to blame and politics here, just saying this is the country we live in today.  And I walked out of there saying to myself the worse part of this is, I didn't feel extremely shocked by it all. 

I usually don't share or like to get involved in this kinda stuff because it's just a never ending mess but I have to share this one. 

I was in a local Subway on Monday in line waiting to get a salad with a couple friends. This couple walks in and they are behind us and I notice they have poster board sign and American flags painted on their faces and arms.  Looked like they were coming from a parade or something I dunno. 

We get our food and sit down and they follow and they open sign and put it against the wall so everyone can see it.  So it catches the corner of my eye since its bright red. 

These two older colored ladies walk up to the counter and ask for the manager, they ask if he can have them put that sign away please, not to kick em out or anything just to put it away because they were extremely offended and it was in very bad taste. 

The manager a middle aged white guy said ---  Look imma call cops and have both of you run outta here if you don't like it you can go elsewhere, try Canada! 

I am not interested in arguing about whos to blame and politics here, just saying this is the country we live in today.  And I walked out of there saying to myself the worse part of this is, I didn't feel extremely shocked by it all.

That’s just horrifically embarrassing for humankind. That’s one of those stories that if it hadn’t come from somebody I trust I would not have believed.

That’s just horrifically embarrassing for humankind. That’s one of those stories that if it hadn’t come from somebody I trust I would not have believed.

would not surprise me (not saying it's so) the two with the sign were Dem Operatives

then again , may be as it appears

It really is a shame.  I wouldn't believe it either honestly and I wasn't shocked at all at the sign it was the manager's remarks that took me by surprise a bit. 

It really is a shame.  I wouldn't believe it either honestly and I wasn't shocked at all at the sign it was the manager's remarks that took me by surprise a bit.

Sounds like something that would/should have gone viral. Was it the manager or the owner? Can’t imagine the owner or the subway franchise or the Corp. would be too happy with that scenario especially in light of everything else going on recently.

Sounds like something that would/should have gone viral. Was it the manager or the owner? Can’t imagine the owner or the subway franchise or the Corp. would be too happy with that scenario especially in light of everything else going on recently.

I am not really sure it was in a little town a couple towns over from where I live so I am not all that familiar with it.  I am not the "go viral" type and neither is this area but I kind of wish it would have because it was just that disgusting. 

Well I don’t know any station owners, so you would know better than I, but on a related note, I’m all for bringing back full service!

Now I need to go pick up my car and shell out 900 of my favorite dollars. Then I’m going to buy gas. I guess I’ll look around and see what the climate is....how many pay inside vs out etc.

there was 1 station near me that had full service up until a couple years ago

i went there once when there was a sideways, cold rain and told him to give me $8 worth because it was an extra $1/gallon  :laugh

The manager a middle aged white guy said ---  Look imma call cops and have both of you run outta here (talking to the two older ladies) if you don't like it you can go elsewhere, try Canada! 

I want someone to justify this manager's actions. No beating around the bush. Condone or condemn. With all of the posts I have read that seem to be from people just like this motherfucker, I think there is at least one brave soul.

*Bueller?*

I want someone to justify this manager's actions. No beating around the bush. Condone or condemn. With all of the posts I have read that seem to be from people just like this motherfucker, I think there is at least one brave soul.

*Bueller?*

assuming the story is even close to 100% true, the manager should've been fired on the spot

american flag people are obvious plants/trolls just looking to start shit... manager is the one to blame here for not immediately asking trolls to leave

And they have better coffee than Starbucks.

I live around the corner from a Krispy Kreme, but only have had their coffee a handful of times. People seem to love the hell out of their coffee, though, buying bags of the shit, and containers of the already-brewed stuff.

I live around the corner from a Krispy Kreme, but only have had their coffee a handful of times. People seem to love the hell out of their coffee, though, buying bags of the shit, and containers of the already-brewed stuff.

coffee snobs are just as bad as food snobs/pizza snobs/etc

it's some fucking hot water and beans people!  just because it tastes slightly different doesn't make it 100x better/100x worse