Home field Hard Rock Stadium
Record 6-10
Division place 3rd AFC East
Playoff finish did not qualify

Offensive Scheme:Air Coryell/Erhardt-Perkins Hybrid

Offensive Coordinator:Dowell Loggains

Defensive Alignment:4-3

Defensive Coordinator:Matt Burke
Offense Rank-PTS 17.6(28th);YDS 307.7(25th);PASS YDS 220.9(18th);RUSH YDS 86.8(29th)
Defense Rank-PTS 24.6(29th);YDS 335.7(16th);PASS YDS 225.2 (16th);RUSH YDS 110.5(14th)

2018 Offseason Moves:

Dolphins sign WR Danny Amendola,RB Frank Gore,G Josh Sitton,DE Robert Quinn,OG Daniel Kilgore,QB Brock Osweiler,LB Terence Garvin,TE Gavin Escobar,WR Albert Wilson,QB Bryce Petty,LS John Denney.

Dolphins re-sign QB David Fales,DE William Hayes,S Jordan Lucas,OT Sam Young,C Jake Brendel,DB Walt Aikens,DE John Denney,LB Mike Hull.

Dolphins let go WR Jarvis Landry,C Mike Pouncey,DT Ndamukong Suh,TE Julius Thomas,LB Lawrence Timmons,DB Tracy Howard

Dolphins traded WR Jarvis Landry,

Dolphins traded for LB Robert Quinn,C Daniel Kilgore,DT Akeem Spence

Coaching Changes:

Hired –Offensive Coordinator,Dowell Loggains

Released- Offensive Coordinator,Clyde Christensen

Draft Picks:

1st Round: Minkah Fitzpatrick   S   Alabama

2nd Round: Mike Gesicki   TE    Penn State

3rd Round: Jerome Baker   LB   Ohio State

4th Round: Durham Smythe   TE   Notre Dame

4th Round: Kalen Ballage   RB    Arizona State

6th Round: Cornell Armstrong   CB    Southern Mississippi

7th Round: Quentin Poling   LB    Ohio

7th Round: Jason Sanders   K    New Mexico

2018 Starters:

OFFENSE

QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Kenyan Drake
WR: DeVante Parker
WR: Kenny Stills
WR: Danny Amendola
TE: Mike Gesicki
LT: Laremy Tunsil
LG: Josh Sitton
C: Daniel Kilgore
RG: Ted Larsen
RT: Ja'Wuan James

DEFENSE

DE: Robert Quinn
DT: Jordan Phillips
DT: Davon Godchaux
DE: Cameron Wake
OLB: Kiko Alonso
MLB: Raekwon McMillan
CB: Xavien Howard
CB: Cordrea Tankersley
S: Reshad Jones
S: Minkah Fitzpatrick
S: T.J. McDonald

2018 SCHEDULE:

Sept. 9 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sept. 16 at New York Jets, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 23 vs. Oakland Raiders, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 30 at New England Patriots, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 7 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 14 vs. Chicago Bears, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 21 vs. Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 25 at Houston Texans, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN)
Nov. 4 vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 11 at Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 18 -- BYE
Nov. 25 at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 2 vs. Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 9 vs. New England Patriots, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 16 at Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 22 or 23 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, TBD (TBD)
Dec. 30 at Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. (CBS)

PREDICTIONS FOR MIAMI IN 2018:

Looks like this might be a bit of a rebuilding year for Miami after losing their best player on offense WR Jarvis Landry and their best player on defense DT Ndamukong Suh. Thats not all though as they lost others as well. Their schedule includes New England twice,Buffalo twice,Minnesota,Green Bay,Detroit,Jacksonville,Tennessee,Houston,Oakland and Indy who could have QB Luck back on board. Also an analyst recently pointed out that although QB Tannehill has played six long years in Miami he has only led the team to a winning year just one time and thats not good at all. Even before this year Miami was getting rid of good players like RB Jay Ajayi. Shedding a roster of your best players isnt exactly a recipe for success. Bovada/Vegas must feel the same way as they have Miami winning 6 games this year. I think that sounds about right.

I love the over 6 wins here. They won 6 games last season with Cutler basically coming off the booth. They  should win 3 games just from divisional opponents alone. If Tannehill is healthy the whole season I can see them contending for a wildcard spot.

I don't. They are gonna end up being near the bottom of the league.

WOW. I don't like Tannehill at all and he has only led the Dolphins to playoffs once in six years BUT this below is bad,lol.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000936293/article/jarvis-landry-browns-qbs-a-lot-better-than-miamis?campaign=Twitter_atn

Jarvis Landry: Browns QBs 'a lot better' than Miami's

Does Jarvis Landry prefer his current quarterback to his last one?

It sure sounds that way.

Cleveland's newly minted wideout went out of his way Thursday to praise Browns quarterback Tyrod Taylor while taking a not-so-subtle dig at his former signal-caller, Miami's Ryan Tannehill.

The quarterback play is so important, which has got me that much more excited about Tyrod and (first-rounder Baker Mayfield) and the way that they're throwing the ball out here, it makes me that much more excited. It's a lot better than what I had in Miami. I'm excited about that."

Landry's went to gush over Taylor's willingness to gather with his receivers in the offseason -- a new experience for the wideout.

"As soon as I found out he was coming, I texted [Taylor]: 'Let's do it.' Found out when he was coming up here, we all came up here for the press conference, we did the press conference, then we did the thing in Miami where we got everybody together and then we're back here. And we've got something else planned when we leave here right before training camp and stuff like that. I love it," Landry said.

"Again, I didn't do that in Miami with the quarterbacks because they didn't want to do it. I would say that the chemistry and the type of guys that I'm around here makes me that much more excited because I know I'm going to be pushed at all levels at all times."

It's crystal clear Landry wasn't thrilled with Tannehill and Miami's cast of signal-callers.

It's entirely unclear why the veteran chose to publicly slam a former teammate -- but that's for another day.

Miami has had only one winning season/playoff berth over the past decade/ten years which is not good at all. Even the one year they made the playoffs and won 10 games well 9 were vs losing teams.

Tannehill has only one winning year in his six seasons in Miami and during his career he has a losing record of 37-40.

BUT this recent comment by Jarvis Landry saying the Browns QB's including rookie Mayfield are much better than Tannehill is bad.....

DfHjMFYVMAU_RDw.jpg

Agree. The Under is one of the best NFL season plays this year, imo.

Definitely. One more thing i didn't really notice until just now is last year Miami finished ranked 28th offensively in points scored and they ranked 29th defensively in points allowed, that was when they did have Landry on offense catching 100 passes and Suh on defense creating havoc and demanding double/triple teams to keep him from sacking QB's. Now they are both gone.....

• 3 months later...

Tenn, Jets and Oakland not exactly murderers row. Let’s see if they compete this week at NE.

Bingo. Tennessee were playing their backup QB Gabbert and had a 60 yard run by Henry called back for holding otherwise it might've been a TN win their backup.  Oakland is 0-3 and we all know the Jets are improving but not quite there yet.

Don't rain on my parade.  Only a TD dog to England on the road.  

I dont have anything against Miami. I grew up with 'em they are my dads favorite team. If i had a dollar for everytime he told me the story about how when he was 19 years old in '72 and won a shitload gambling on the Dolphins each week.

For you younguns that was the year Miami went 17-0 winning the Super Bowl.