"Today's friends are tomorrow's foes in the Internet world."

Sam Odom

Kelly has thrown everyone under the bus. mofo' date=' kinger etc.[/quote']

My take is John's trying to get enough eyeballs to EOG to stave off the owners just saying "screw it" and shutting down. And as I understand it, John wasn't in charge.

I'm doing what I learned at the knee of Kinger when he came to SBR, and trying to do a "smarter" WWE heel and it looks to be working, lots more eyeballs there, but it may just be the onset of football season. I'd much rather that Kinger & co. had found a way to buy them out and keep the old group together. It'll be sad if it shuts down, and as mentioned in Peeps forum, dividing the old EOG group may leave both forums too small to survive. Maybe Kinger and John can have a throw down like The Shrink and The Major used to do all the time to stir up the fan base.

Forum-land is littered with dead forums: Bettorsworld, Major Wager, Talk Sport (Micro Brothers), the hat, etc. I'm amazed that Peeps is still going after Peep died. ...SBR Jonny and Covers is hoovering them all up. They'll probably have a winner take all death match to grab the last 5 posters in a few years, with the announcer wantit in an executioner's hood.

Each forum has their own niche a little like high school. Bettingtalk are the preps, peeps are the guys left back a couple of years from shop class, RTP the nerds from the CPU lab, EOG special ed class+ insightful aides, SBR unwashed masses, rx geeks. If your sheets look good you don't solely need to rely on forum traffic. I doubt if EOG were to close in the next couple of years but what do i know.

JK just isn't a forum guy. Older generation individuals usually aren't. Internet forums have a weird dynamic where communication is as frantic as a schizo in a room full of arcade games and a lot of people simply don't get it. They can't separate anonymous forum chatter from real-life interaction.

I genuinely like JK and think he's just fine, but things he says via written word don't come off with the sense of dry sarcasm that I think he intends them to have. He's a skilled radio host and I appreciate his work in that area. The two times I was on EOG radio I felt not only welcomed but respected and had no awkwardness in transitions or conversation or anything. That's a skill that many can't possess.

If anybody think JK has anything at all to do with EOG's "change of direction" you give him too much credit. He's simply a figurehead.

JK just isn't a forum guy. Older generation individuals usually aren't. Internet forums have a weird dynamic where communication is as frantic as a schizo in a room full of arcade games and a lot of people simply don't get it. They can't separate anonymous forum chatter from real-life interaction. I genuinely like JK and think he's just fine' date=' but things he says via written word don't come off with the sense of dry sarcasm that I think he intends them to have. He's a skilled radio host and I appreciate his work in that area. The two times I was on EOG radio I felt not only welcomed but respected and had no awkwardness in transitions or conversation or anything. That's a skill that many can't possess. If anybody think JK has anything at all to do with EOG's "change of direction" you give him too much credit. He's simply a figurehead.[/quote'] Well put. He just doesn't "get" the forums and never will. What is does on the radio is excellent

JK just isn't a forum guy. Older generation individuals usually aren't. Internet forums have a weird dynamic where communication is as frantic as a schizo in a room full of arcade games and a lot of people simply don't get it. They can't separate anonymous forum chatter from real-life interaction.

I genuinely like JK and think he's just fine, but things he says via written word don't come off with the sense of dry sarcasm that I think he intends them to have. He's a skilled radio host and I appreciate his work in that area. The two times I was on EOG radio I felt not only welcomed but respected and had no awkwardness in transitions or conversation or anything. That's a skill that many can't possess.

If anybody think JK has anything at all to do with EOG's "change of direction" you give him too much credit. He's simply a figurehead.

agree with this Wiener, good post.