**tech stocks getting bitch slapped

milwaukee mike

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but I'm dipping my toes into the Chinese stocks here....

Can I allocate some my funds in my 401k to Chinese stocks. I don’t really know how moving money around in a 401k works.

Right now Im 90% allocated in some 2035 target date fund and 10% in a foreign stocks fund.

Michael, feel free to chime in as well with your wisdom. Thanks pals.

Can I allocate some my funds in my 401k to Chinese stocks. I don’t really know how moving money around in a 401k works.

Right now Im 90% allocated in some 2035 target date fund and 10% in a foreign stocks fund.

Michael, feel free to chime in as well with your wisdom. Thanks pals.

Short answer:  It depends.  Usually you will have some international mutual funds to choose from.  Contact your provider to see what your options are.

Short answer:  It depends.  Usually you will have some international mutual funds to choose from.  Contact your provider to see what your options are.

It's highly unlikely any international stock fund would have much chinese exposure. Even more unlikely in a 401k(where the  mutual funds available for purchase tend to be more conservative).

Of all the options for international stocks, they only offer 2 funds for choices.  And I'm already in one.  

Neither of the options was specifically Chinese.  "International" was the only label. 

Click on the fund and then there should be an info section, it'll give you an idea of what regions it's investing in. most international funds would be primarily european co's.. there are international sector funds, latin america, europe, japan, asia, etc, but they wont be in your 401k.

Seriously?  That's some great intuition.  Congrats.

Well, i did lose 10K today(on paper), lol. I've been thinking about pulling out for awhile, I stayed in with the rest because it's in  a more  conservative fund, that holds  approx 60% stocks, 30% bonds, 10% cash. i thought that would cushion me?

great minds think alike  :shake

try3 would've liked that sell point

MUX is a mediocre stock  as far as assets go. I like that the founder holds 25%of the paper  and draws no salary as ceo

the thing with it is it's  in all the gold stock indexes, so it really flies when the worm turns. But that works in reverse too

I bought SGSVF which has much better assets and is in all the indexes too at .88 tuesday and its at 1.08 now