Who are TGFs low carbers? Keto, Atkins, Paleo...

IAG

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t say i use any of the three.....But i have a quick story. Earlier this year, i was waking up 3-4 times a night and pissing, and then during the day i would be extremely tired by like noontime at latest. My wife was on me over And over to make a doctors appt, I’m like what for? She says you are using bathroom way to much during night, I’m like well i drink a lot of fluids during the day.. So month or two goes by and mother day weekend comes around and she asks about appt, I’m like ill do it on monday(Day after Mother’s Day). She doesn’t stay much, Friday night we head out for dinner, then meet a few friends and have a feeeeewwww drinks... Get home at 2 am, she wakes me up at 6 am and is like ok lets go we are going to hospital, I’m like fuck that I’m still a little buzzed from last night....She calls an ambulance while I’m sleeping, Mind you not much wrong except excessive pisses and a little tired... get down to hospital, and my blood sugar is 1131, yes you heard it right 1131, and A1C is 16! Both of the charts!

Now i have always been in pretty good shape my whole life etc...My doctors rolls in and says “What the hell have you ate the last 8 months” he says 8 months ago your blood sugar was 95, nothing wrong..... Thje. He explains to me that the carbs I was eating daily are not going through my system like they did 20 years ago.....He is like you will be ok, they will get it under control within 5 days and send you home. But you better stay on the diet they put you on and follow their directions.....5 days later I’m out of hospital on a 1600 calorie diet, with no more then 30 carbs in each meal and also on 15 CC on insulin. At this point i was weighing around 263, I’m not a very tall guy 6’2’. I get on the diet and take my insulin as directed for 90 days, go back for my checkup and all was great blood sugar back down to 95, and A!C os 5.2...I have been off the insulin for 45 days and feel great, but i still follow my 1600 calorie diet with no more then 30 carbs each meal.. Also my current weight is 222 and i feel fucking great, maybe 5-8 years younger and don’t piss or get tired ever now....

My doctor laughs and says so you were gonna call my office on Monday? He said by Monday i would of been dead or in a diabetic coma...He is like your wife saved your life buddy believe me...I am not a diabetic but doctor thought possibly i was a diabetic 2 because of bad eating for 8 months... I currently do not take anything, and do not have any diabetics in my family...

So careful what you eat as you get older boys, especially those carbs and whites. Rice, Pasta, sugar, etc are not your friends as you get older.....

Yeah. I did Atkins pretty faithfully for a month or two in 2017 and felt pretty good. My diet used to be pretty balanced, but the last year I’ve eaten a lot of crap....processed foods mostly. I typically don’t eat a lot of meat so it’s always a big transition, but I want to do it until at least Christmas and then reevaluate at the beginning of the year.

I was looking at Keto which appears to be a more strict version of Atkins, but it looks like it requires a lot of work in calculating macros etc

Plus I don’t think you ever graduate from the 20 g of carbohydrate per day limit. That’s doable for a couple weeks but not long-term.

I'm on keto. Works great. I did Atkins 20 years ago and it worked. I did the Newcastle diabetic diet and lost 67 pounds in three months.

Bought one last month and is absolutely ASTONISHING!!!!!!

Cook a variety of items with it, use it almost daily.

FANTASTIC

Nice. 

I have been wanting to get one so was gonna find a way to ask folks about it. 

Good to hear about your experience. If you'd care to share more, like what all you make with it and how it compares to other forms of cooking, I'd appreciate it.

I'm on carnivore diet. Zero carbs, mostly Ribeyes and eggs.

Those of you who are primarily on meat/eggs, has your lipid profile (cholesterol) shown significant changes?

Would be interested also. I always have had really low cholesterol which was kind of amazing, considering a less than wholesome diet. I assumed that was because I didn’t eat much meat or eggs etc. After I did low carb in 2017 they tested my cholesterol and it had doubled!! I don’t know that it was related, because it was quite a while after I had finished the Atkins months, but I have no other explanation. But that wouldn’t affect Cholesterol months later would it?

Would be interested also. I always have had really low cholesterol which was kind of amazing, considering a less than wholesome diet. I assumed that was because I didn’t eat much meat or eggs etc. After I did low carb in 2017 they tested my cholesterol and it had doubled!! I don’t know that it was related, because it was quite a while after I had finished the Atkins months, but I have no other explanation. But that wouldn’t affect Cholesterol months later would it?

My cholesterol number have gotten much better, hdl finally went up, triglycerides down.

LDL doesn't matter, that's all a scam.

Higher cholesterol leads to longer life.

My cholesterol number have gotten much better, hdl finally went up, triglycerides down.

LDL doesn't matter, that's all a scam.

Higher cholesterol leads to longer life.

You don’t plan to eat virtually nothing but steak and eggs indefinitely do you? What do u do on holidays or out with family? Same?