I'm working and out of money thanks to gambling

Moldoveanu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a sad story Moldy.......I lived that life for a long time, I'd do side jobs all weekend for free, putting in plays while I worked and always losing and leaving with nothing to the point my wife stopped asking how much I made, she knew it was nothing...

Don't know how old you are but hope you can snap out of it before your my age and only saving for retirement because the thought of vacations and toys and such is now a bad idea if retirement is on your mind....

Thats a sad story Moldy.......I lived that life for a long time, I'd do side jobs all weekend for free, putting in plays while I worked and always losing and leaving with nothing to the point my wife stopped asking how much I made, she knew it was nothing...

Don't know how old you are but hope you can snap out of it before your my age and only saving for retirement because the thought of vacations and toys and such is now a bad idea if retirement is on your mind....

So...u learned ur lesson when exactly? :deemer

Just can't stop gambling I'm working as much as I can I'm making a lot of money

Considering on a good paying job

Working hard for 2 weeks then blowing all that money in 2 hours just feel sick

I just hit my record high in hours worked got 216 hours these last 2 weeks so probably when I get paid will take care of my needs like rent, bills, credit cards before I lose back in 2-3 hours if I get lucKY and still have some money the next morning will be a miracle

So who here works so hard just to see that money go by like the wind and just going back to work doing the same thing killing yourself working your ass off making good money just to see it go in the same day when u get paid

If I did not gamble I'd be a millionaire

Moron. You need someone to handle your money. I can help.

-Brock

All the advice about limited gambling is useless for Moldy and you guys know it. This restrained approach will never work for him. He needs to stop forever. He needs to find a cheaper distraction. And there must be lot of cheaper options than losing 300k-400k lifetime. Find a Moldovan wife or get into hookers or get obsessed with working out like those gym rats or join some classes. He is gambling because he has nothing else to do in life. He needs to find that something else. He is in New York - it should not be too difficult.

You have to change the mind game and make it more about winning, Make a final deposit and bet $50 and when that money is gone, you quit. Make the rush about winning instead of action. You probably will not quit but if you make yourself have to win to continue, you might get some control and might at least limit the damage.

The problem people like yourself have is you are not willing to feel the pain of losing. 

i think ill make a thread about my parlays when i have some going for around 1k and hopefully you guys will meditate me or just control me and give me some words of encouragement so i dont have to lose them all in the same day i wont post all my hundreds of parlays that i make 

but ill post the ones that i already have like 6-8 teams won pot around 1K and then from there take it slow and maybe this will help me stay alive longer

i really need this 

All the advice about limited gambling is useless for Moldy and you guys know it. This restrained approach will never work for him. He needs to stop forever. He needs to find a cheaper distraction. And there must be lot of cheaper options than losing 300k-400k lifetime. Find a Moldovan wife or get into hookers or get obsessed with working out like those gym rats or join some classes. He is gambling because he has nothing else to do in life. He needs to find that something else. He is in New York - it should not be too difficult.

i know thats what i need a distraction but i dont have one the gym dont work for me as i already have one at work its kinda stupid to go to other gym when i have one at work but looks like i am going to have to do that who knowz maybe ill meet someone there i have to change my lifestyle never know what lies around the corner i wish a had a girlfriend that i can spend time going to the gym with her , going out here and there just to kill time hanging out something to distract me from gambling

hookers need money for that also and this wont distract me from gambling, gambling is like oxygen to me as long as i gamble ill breath if i dont gamble ill be gasping for air

i think ill make a thread about my parlays when i have some going for around 1k and hopefully you guys will meditate me or just control me and give me some words of encouragement so i dont have to lose them all in the same day i wont post all my hundreds of parlays that i make 

but ill post the ones that i already have like 6-8 teams won pot around 1K and then from there take it slow and maybe this will help me stay alive longer

i really need this 

You need to cut ALL the parlays. You need to just start betting winners only. And you need to do it for small amounts. If it is too boring, you need to stop gambling because you don't like it and start playing video games because that is all you are really doing.

Take your next deposit and deposit at BetMania and just bet sides at $15 if you deposit $1,500. If you can't move the needle, you are not a good gambler and do not even like to gamble. If you do not like to gamble, stop gambling.

Put yisman or trytrytry in your situation and they will bet the right amount because they just like to gamble.

i really need this 

Hey Moldy, if you're looking for people to discourage you from betting...you're in the wrong place. :laugh

This thread does have me thinking, I have no idea how I stand after a lifetime of gambling, but 100-200k  down could be in range, of course I can afford it, but it does add up.

i dont need discouragement i need in other words for you guys to just post and chat and talk about my parlays and say like take it slow you won 2 games tonight chil out come back tomorrow and got a nice pick for you coming up in two days that you should put in a parlay stuff like that should motivate me to have my parlays alive longer plus these are fun and only 13, 15, 17$ a parlay not bad i know i am trying to win 15-17 teams but its doable and hopefully you guys will help me hit a big one and ill reward you 

i really need this

What you really need to do is pump your brakes. Back way the fuck off. Take a timeout. This should be a fun recreational thing. Nothing more nothing less. Never bet more than you can't afford to lose. Pay all your bills... First off. Then pick your poison. Some like to buy sneakers, dinners, etc. If you like to gamble budget your money for a gambling allowance. Keep a realistic mind set. YOU WILL NEVER GET RICH QUICK GAMBLING. It could. But REALITY is right in front of you.

i dont need discouragement i need in other words for you guys to just post and chat and talk about my parlays and say like take it slow you won 2 games tonight chil out come back tomorrow and got a nice pick for you coming up in two days that you should put in a parlay stuff like that should motivate me to have my parlays alive longer plus these are fun and only 13, 15, 17$ a parlay not bad i know i am trying to win 15-17 teams but its doable and hopefully you guys will help me hit a big one and ill reward you 

LOL. That is your problem. You need to start looking at yourself as an addict if you want to stop losing so much money and figure out ways to still bet but not lose as much. It is not really possible for an action gambler to control themselves because you gamble for the wrong reasons. 

People usually don't want to hear it.

But for most major addicts abstinence is the only path.  That goes for any sort of destructive addiction.

It depends on the person and there addiction.

You could call me an alcoholic, a drug addict, with a gambling problem.

But I've always take care of my family business. First. I take care of my family before my addictions. And I've never jeopardized any of that. I keep within my means and make sure everyone is happy before myself.

Everything else is my playtime. Unless we need It.

Salud!

Need to find out what is bothering you inside that you feel like you need to go too crazy on this. 

You are definitely trying to fill a gap and are probably really wanting to lose so that sting of losing replaces some other sort of hurt/pain inside. 

So, if you can figure out that, you have a chance to straighten out and be more disciplined.