Derrick Rose to undergo knee surgery.... again likely out for season

Chickadee

key word in that whole scenario is COULD return in 4-6 weeks

let's get some side action going on how many regular season games d-rose plays in this season... and how many post-season games.

i think fair over/under for regular season is 1.5, and postseason is .5

Why do people keep comparing this to his comeback from the ACL? An ACL tear is a major injury that requires 10+ months of rehab, and you can't walk on it for 6-8 weeks after surgery.

Derrick walked out of the facility today on his own power - it was an outpatient surgery. He will be working out and rehabbing starting tomorrow and practicing next week. There could always be set backs in any rehab, sure, but I'll take over .5 for however much you want to bet. Let me know.

It's 100% fair to compare them. They aren't saying it because of the injury, they are saying it because of the person that has the injury. I'm not celebrating just yet that Gar Forman came out and said he'll be back taking jumpers within a few days. I'm expecting him to play now, but would not be surprised at all if he doesn't (because his past) and doesn't faze me one way or the other. Whatever he thinks is best for him he should do. But I think he'll TRY to win back the chicago fans.

I'll take the over .5 for the post season. Assuming I'll take -110 for my 550 to win your 500 paypal Boat?

i said what was a fair line, not what i would take action on... if i was going to book bets it sure wouldn't be on a public forum!

hmm let's see, risk my cpa license and jail time for a chance at 500 bucks, no thanks, i'm not landers... what i meant by let's get some side action is those bets that yisman and timely were gonna do

He could prob help the Bulls off the bench for 10-15 mins a night in the playoffs.

That's what I was saying last night, if the bulls finish the season strong, why mess that chemistry up. As weird as it may be, bring him off the bench to play against guys like Ramon Sessions/Vasquez/Bayless. But if Bulls finish the season playing poorly at a .500 clip, might as well just throw him right back in there. That is of course if he even plays.

You wanna run him back in to the ground coming off a surgery lol?

Good luck with that.

Huh? This was a non invasive procedure. They didn't cut him open. He's going to be practicing next week. It's not like he's going to be sitting on his ass, and needs to get back into shape and work his body back to where it was. He'll be working out tomorrow.

IDK how he's run into the ground to begin with. Derrick Rose will either be able to handle the work load or he won't.

This is like pitch counts, innings limits, minute restrictions... blah blah. As a professional athlete, you can either handle the grind, or you can't. If he gets hurt again, it won't be because he was starting and playing big minutes - just as pitchers don't get hurt at a certain pitch count or innings number. You're either built to handle the rigors of the game or you're not. If he's cleared to go, and he feels healthy and ready to go, he should go. Will he get hurt again? Maybe. Will it have anything to do with him playing 20 minutes or 30 minutes? Absolutely not. You might as well use him while you can, and hope that this time he comes back 100% and never gets hurt again. Who knows though.

Pitchers get hurt because of the force and torque on the arm, which comes from high pitch counts and a lot of innings, also poor mechanics. Throwing overhand is such an un-natural motion

Rose keeps getting injured because his legs are fucked up and can't handle large work loads

This is pretty simple stuff bud. Why would you leverage his health, this year and the rest of his contract, trying to make him a guy who is gonna play significant minutes when he's not that guy anymore?

Wow, that was a tricky one to figure out.

Again, if the Bulls are playing good and have good chemistry, why break that up. Of course they are better with Rose. But they weren't fantastic, so if they play down the stretch better than they previously have...Why mess that up. Of course that's assassinenine to start brooks over Rose a month ago...But if they play better without him, why not keep it going.

How can anyone question this man? He's got a graduation to attend? You don't risk your knees in some piddly NBA stuff with that on the horizon. Priorities!

I'd love to see Cutler and Rose in a softest man competition, LOL. How two of the biggest pussies in the history of organized sports ended up in the same city is beyond me.

Maybe something in the water?

Pitchers get hurt because of the force and torque on the arm, which comes from high pitch counts and a lot of innings, also poor mechanics. Throwing overhand is such an un-natural motion

Rose keeps getting injured because his legs are fucked up and can't handle large work loads

This is pretty simple stuff bud. Why would you leverage his health, this year and the rest of his contract, trying to make him a guy who is gonna play significant minutes when he's not that guy anymore?

Work load? The first time he tore his meniscus it was the first quarter of a game in which he hadn't played in a week+, and had his minutes greatly limited that year.

Derrick gets injured for the same reason someone like Westbrook does (who has had the exact same meniscus problems as Derrick, he just never had the freak accident of tearing your ACL which is a freak accident, not a wear and tear injury) - they put so much pressure on their knees and legs with their cuts, acceleration and athletic ability. There had never been PG's in the NBA with their strength and speed.

It wouldn't matter if he played 15 minutes or 30 minutes. He'll either stay healthy or he won't.

I can't put anymore emphasis on the fact that an ACL tear is not a wear and tear injury. Meniscus injuries are incredibly prevalent in the NBA - Chris Paul, Westbrook, Wade and plenty more NBA stars have had the same procedure performed on them as Derrick just had. His meniscus is now gone in that area, so he can never tear it again.

Wow, that was a tricky one to figure out.

Again, if the Bulls are playing good and have good chemistry, why break that up. Of course they are better with Rose. But they weren't fantastic, so if they play down the stretch better than they previously have...Why mess that up. Of course that's assassinenine to start brooks over Rose a month ago...But if they play better without him, why not keep it going.

They aren't better without him, that's the thing, and they won't be better.

They are 14-4 as a starting unit (with all their pieces healthy). Sad that they have only played 18 games together this year.

I love Aaron Brooks, but he's not a starting PG on a playoff team in the NBA at this point in his career.

Believe me' date=' I get what you're saying, I would just prefer to limit his exposure minute wise.[/quote']

I understand the theory, and basis for your point - don't get me wrong. It's the same argument made in regards to fouls. Coaches constantly sit players down early with 2 fouls, or 3 fouls, and then they end up finishing the game with 3 or 4 fouls only. You might as well get what you can out of the players while you can. The way to maximize a players minutes is to play them until they foul out or to play them until they get injured.

If you think Derrick is going to age poorly because he's had 3 knee surgeries - if you think he has an elevated injury risk, well then that risk exists whether he played 15 minutes or 30 minutes in a game. These are all non-contact knee injuries that aren't exactly correlated to fatigue or minutes. If he's healthy, play him as much as possible until he becomes unhealthy again - if that is inevitable. Don't preserve the guy for games that he's not even guaranteed to ever have the opportunity of playing in.

The only way to build up endurance, strength and tolerance is to play, and play a lot.

How can anyone question this man? He's got a graduation to attend? You don't risk your knees in some piddly NBA stuff with that on the horizon. Priorities!

I'd love to see Cutler and Rose in a softest man competition, LOL. How two of the biggest pussies in the history of organized sports ended up in the same city is beyond me.

Maybe something in the water?

speaking of pussy and something in the water... watching this is a much better use of 4 minutes than arguing about d-rose

[video=youtube;mH9kYn4L8TI]

• 1 month later...