Is Crypto still safe ? Anyone lost their funds?

Moldoveanu

https://gizmodo.com/crypto-exchange-says-it-cant-repay-190-million-to-clie-1832309454

Just found this article. Wow. That sucks BAUS. Another good reminder to keep your crypto off an exchange and in a Ledger Nano or something,

That’s crazy. Of all the ways to lose crypto... – losing it due to owner who is the sole owner of the password to everything in cold storage, dying unexpectedly is not one that would have come to mind. I can’t believe that there’s no record somewhere else of that password.

https://gizmodo.com/crypto-exchange-says-it-cant-repay-190-million-to-clie-1832309454

Just found this article. Wow. That sucks BAUS. Another good reminder to keep your crypto off an exchange and in a Ledger Nano or something,

That’s crazy. Of all the ways to lose crypto... – losing it due to owner who is the sole owner of the password to everything in cold storage, dying unexpectedly is not one that would have come to mind. I can’t believe that there’s no record somewhere else of that password.

that isn't what happened

he was running a ponzi scheme and stealing tens of millions of dollars

even the ceo of the kraken called this a total lie and scam

that isn't what happened

he was running a ponzi scheme and stealing tens of millions of dollars

even the ceo of the kraken called this a total lie and scam

Well wouldnt rule it out for sure. But the CEO of Kraken is not one I would count as a credible source. I would need to read more about it. I had never even heard of that exchange before.

Well wouldnt rule it out for sure. But the CEO of Kraken is not one I would count as a credible source. I would need to read more about it. I had never even heard of that exchange before.

here is an analysis of quadriga... long read, best part is how there are transfers well after they claim the death happened

https://medium.com/@zeroresearchproof/quadrigacx-chain-analysis-report-pt-1-bitcoin-wallets-19d3a375d389

I wasn't holding anything there. Sent some LTC there to exchange for BTC. Once that was done, tried to send it all out of there to my wallet. It was "pending" for days. 

I'd used that exchange many times in the past for the same purpose and BTC withdrawals were always done in 5-10 minutes. So just horrible timing on my part. 

BAUS 

here is an analysis of quadriga... long read, best part is how there are transfers well after they claim the death happened

https://medium.com/@zeroresearchproof/quadrigacx-chain-analysis-report-pt-1-bitcoin-wallets-19d3a375d389

Thanks I will take a look. Even without reading that, the idea that there would be no other person or stored copy of the cold storage password alone makes it unbelievable to me.

I wasn't holding anything there. Sent some LTC there to exchange for BTC. Once that was done, tried to send it all out of there to my wallet. It was "pending" for days. 

I'd used that exchange many times in the past for the same purpose and BTC withdrawals were always done in 5-10 minutes. So just horrible timing on my part. 

BAUS

Damn. I’d say. I haven’t read the entire story yet, but hopefully there’s a way to recoup some of that money somehow....eventually.

BAUS

That’s a tough one to swallow. I pray you win it all back.