First NFL Coach fired?

KingRevolver

• 1 month later...

As a jets fan imo Rex is the best thing the Jets have going for them. How he was able to manage 8-8 last year is mindblowing, should have been top 3 for COY

He will be fired at the end of the year imo just based on too many years of losing in a row, but none of it is on him.Nobody is winning with the players he has had lately

Smith. Horrible coach. Clueless. Cant believe he didn't get canned after that Giant playoff game. Total embarrassment. By far the worst HC in the league.

Promise us one thing Coach Smith. Promise us you'll never ever consider changing:cigar

Coach Smith is still employed as HC of the Atlanta Falcons tomorrow morning at 10AM EST

Yes+700

No-1242

• 2 months later...
Dolphins are keeping Philbin hahahahaha

Did they say that???

Thought he was for sure gone after another terrible end to the year.

Thought for sure we'd see 6 openings tomorrow: SF, Oakland, Jets, Miami, Atlanta and Chicago. Only other spot i could see maybe is Giants if Coughlin decides to retire (dont think hed get fired though)

The owner said it after last week's game.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross made it a merrier Christmas week in the Philbin household after the game when he said that Philbin would be back as the team’s coach in 2015.

“Here’s a Christmas present. You don’t have to ask me anymore. He has one year left on contract and is coming back,” Ross said, via Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post.

Maybe Ross will get a clue and change his mind. Philbin is atrocious.

Shocking to me, only thing i could see is maybe Ross doesn't wan to pay two coaches?

This team has underachieved two years in a row now and blown a playoff spot. They showed flashes of being a great football team but could never sustain it for very long and then would also go through periods of just looking awful

• 2 weeks later...