Foles to Jags

ajt

Barring any last-minute snags, the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to sign free-agent quarterback Nick Foles to a multiyear contract when the new league year opens next week, according to sources.  

Teams are not allowed to talk deals with free agents until March 11, and no deals can be announced until the start of the new league year on March 13.  

The Jaguars are expected to release quarterback Blake Bortles and install Foles as their starter. Jacksonville will have to pay $6.5 million of Bortles' 2019 salary, which was fully guaranteed when he signed his current contract last year.

They would have been much better off going Kyler.   A shot at being great, instead of settling for mediocrity.  Foles is OK, can win with a great team around him, but nothing special, a JAG going to the Jags.  He's failed before when he's counted upon as THE guy.   Better option than Flacco would have been, so there's that, I guess, but Flacco is cuttable with no cap ramifications after the year if needed, Foles won't be. 

Still not 100% convinced this will happen because Jax is in absolute cap hell right now, and will have to do a lot of maneuvering to fit in a Foles contract.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

They would have been much better off going Kyler.   A shot at being great, instead of settling for mediocrity.  Foles is OK, can win with a great team around him, but nothing special, a JAG going to the Jags.  He's failed before when he's counted upon as THE guy.   Better option than Flacco would have been, so there's that, I guess, but Flacco is cuttable with no cap ramifications after the year if needed, Foles won't be. 

Still not 100% convinced this will happen because Jax is in absolute cap hell right now, and will have to do a lot of maneuvering to fit in a Foles contract.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Good analysis.

I still think Kyler is going to the Cards.

Good analysis.

I thought that was all pre draft BS, and I'm still not convinced it's not.   I would not give up on Rosen, personally, much as I like Murray's upside.   They better have a strong deal in place for Rosen if this is the case, recouping close to the #10 pick they used on him, otherwise it's just spinning wheels.    The reason I think it's BS is that Rosen is a loose cannon, not easily controlled, and he'd be raising holy hell over this if it was true, instead of being a good soldier, not saying a word, denying any problem with the Cards.    I think he's been told to ignore all the pre draft posturing, that you're still our guy.  

I'm not as convinced I'm right as I was a few days ago, but I'd still bet that Rosen will be in Arizona if a Book had good odds on it.  Just trying to be logical about it.   

But like you said about the Jags n Kyler, the "chance to be great" has to be alluring.

New coach may want someone more in his mold.

That's my angle anyway towards believing the posturing.

I think Kingsbury thinks Rosen can be great under his system also.   That's why he took the job originally.  Rosen is a great thrower of the football, probably better than Murray in just that particular skill.  Mahomes was fantastic in Kingsbury's system, and he's closer in mobility to Rosen than he is to Murray.  I'll believe Rosen is done in Zona when/if he starts blasting them

I thought that was all pre draft BS, and I'm still not convinced it's not.  

Sounds like the player AZ wants is Bosa.

Don't believe anything you hear concerning what AZ wants to do with the first overall pick.

They want as much misinformation out there because it helps drive up the value of the pick.  They hit the jackpot with their position when Murray measured over 5'10" at the combine.  

The Cardinals would be absolutely stupid to show their hand with what they are going to do.  Especially if their preference is to trade out of the top spot for a big haul.  There will be plenty of teams out there that covet both Murray and Bosa.  And it only takes one to fall in love with a player and overpay. 

Don't believe anything you hear concerning what AZ wants to do with the first overall pick.

They want as much misinformation out there because it helps drive up the value of the pick. They hit the jackpot with their position when Murray measured over 5'10" at the combine.

The Cardinals would be absolutely stupid to show their hand with what they are going to do. Especially if their preference is to trade out of the top spot for a big haul. There will be plenty of teams out there that covet both Murray and Bosa. And it only takes one to fall in love with a player and overpay.

Sure but AZ doesn’t want to trade too far down. I would be stunned if they draft Murray because of cap reasons.

They want as much misinformation out there because it helps drive up the value of the pick.  They hit the jackpot with their position when Murray measured over 5'10" at the combine.  

The Cardinals would be absolutely stupid to show their hand with what they are going to do.  Especially if their preference is to trade out of the top spot for a big haul.  There will be plenty of teams out there that covet both Murray and Bosa.  And it only takes one to fall in love with a player and overpay. 

very good point it sure seems like they would at least entertain the idea of moving down some and esp if like ya said a team falls in love and is willing to break the bank a bit