MAXIMUM SECURITY owner crying and complaining on TODAY show

FISHHEAD

That horse is coming down 90 times out of 100 if it's not the Derby. He broke the stride of the 1 and the 13. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that one of those horses couldn't have passed him.

Just because it's the Derby doesn't mean it wasn't the right call.

Or maybe even a 100 out of 100.

The DQ was a no-brainer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. Maybe nit.

And as far the "idiot" comment.

A lot of "idiots" bet Country House across the biard.

Ez Money... :cigar

Congrats on your hunce play betting xxxamount across the board on horse 20-1 or over. A winner is a winner, but there was no capping involved. I bet $3 to win on horses 20-1 or higher, and also started a pick 3, with all the 20-1's or over in the first leg. No capping involved. I just wanted coverage on my pick 4. Now if you picked the winner as a top horse to beat, or a dark horse, that'd be something impressive. Again a win is a win whether you picked a name out of a hat or capped it to win.

I think the better precedent is that you can't play pinball off of other horses in the stretch in the Derby or any other race for that matter.

Well the debate here did not happen in the stretch.....js.....Baffert has had the best take on this so far...

But if Gabe would chime in maybe we could end this once and for all....

Congrats on your hunce play betting xxxamount across the board on horses 20-1 or over. A winner is a winner, but there was no capping involved. I bet $3 to win on horses 20-1 or higher, and also started a pick 3, with all the 20-1's or over in the first leg. No capping involved. I just wanted coverage on my pick 4. Now if you picked the winner as a top horse to beat, or a dark horse, that'd be something impressive. Again a win is a win whether you picked a name out of a hat or capped it to win.

What's everyone's longest shot horse they ever won on?

Later in 2018, I had a pick 5 at Remington. I bet it offshore. I caught a 70-1 in one of the middle legs. Maybe even a little higher. It was the #4 horse. Going into the last leg I had about 5 or 6 horses. They show the will pays and only 2 of my horses pay 5 out of 5. All the rest paid 4 out of 5. As luck would have it, the second choice odds wise wins the race, and I had the #2. The problem was no one had it through in the pool so I got a couple 4 of 5's and I only got back a couple hundred dollars. There was about 28k in the pool.

What's everyone's longest shot horse they ever won on?

Later in 2018, I had a pick 5 at Remington. I bet it offshore. I caught a 70-1 in one of the middle legs. Maybe even a little higher. It was the #4 horse. Going into the last leg I had about 5 or 6 horses. They show the will pays and only 2 of my horses pay 5 out of 5. All the rest paid 4 out of 5. As luck would have it, the second choice odds wise wins the race, and I had the #2, the winner. The problem was no one had it through in the pool so I got a couple 4 of 5's and I only got back a couple hundred dollars. There was about 28k in the pool.

If veering out 2 paths was a reason to DQ, 20% of the 6.5F turf sprints down the hill at SA would result in DQ. 

The idea of DQ'ing a horse was if it cost another horse a chance at a better placing. There was no horse who would have finished in a better spot (paid positions) if MS didn't float out 2 paths. 

I think it took so long for decision is the stewards already decided MS was coming down, that probably took 5-7 min. The other 10 min were spent deciding where to put him, who was effected and where they finished. 

I think it is absurd also to say a foul or infraction in any race is the same no matter the race when compared with the derby. The KD is a 20 horse field and is normally a rodeo, it is unlike any race run in the US. Riders are normally aggressive in this race. This isn't a 5 or 6 horse field at SA on a Thursday afternoon. The head steward even talks to the riders before the race and says lets have a good safe race, or something like that. 

I've always felt the riders were given more leadway in the derby. I think the DQ has opened up a huge can of worms and can't wait for the objections by riders in the next few yrs. Everyone will be taking a shot.....hey I cutoff entering the far turn by the 2nd place horse making a huge move and I had a ton of horse under me.

How come the inquiry sign didn't come up? The stewards weren't going to take that horse down and no way they didn't see what happened live.

For the uninitiated, the stewards normally post an inquiry after a race if they want to review a race because a foul/infraction occurred. For this race there had to be a jockey objection to force the stewards to look at it. 

Spot On

Anybody claiming that WOW wouldn’t have passed him and stating it as factual evidence of why Max should stay up is an idiot. Sorry, Joe

No problem, everyone has an opinion. I just think the trouble that WOW had was minimal, it wasn't like he had to steady or check badly like you see so often in a turf race. 

I bet WOW, thought he had a great chance given the odds and when I saw the weather and knowing how often the rail is golden at CD in the slop, thought he could win. He had a perfect trip except for minimal trouble.