anything more irritating than parking tickets and speeding tickets

milwaukee mike

another irritant is a $2 fee to pay the tickets with a credit card

All these greedy government pricks are the same way.

I can pay all my bills online using a credit card or bank transfer with no fee

but if I want to pay my water bill that way its a $3 fee, so I write check and put in envelope

Guest boatboatboat

maybe 10 years ago I got a parking ticket in Ashville NC

We were driving thru on way to Hilton Head.

Wife heard they had some quaint shops down town and she wanted to go . So we did

Was mid morning , mid week. Downtown was DEAD.

We parked in a 1 hour spot.

Went shopping, at the TOURIST places,and 3 hours and $500 or so latter came back to a PARKING TICKET.

Now keep in mind, we are in a TOURIST SHOPPING AREA. Mid week, OUT OF STATE PLATES, and 65% of spaces were empty.

I laughed , tossed ticket in trash can and went on my way.

I think ticket was maybe $20 bucks.

About a mth latter I got a reminder in the mail. LOL.............. right

A mth latter another, but this time the ticket was now $75 (or so)

90 days latter (I think) got a REMINDER and it was $250, and said if I didn't pay with in 30 days, my car was subject to being impounded by the City of Ashville. this struck me as odd.

Showed a buddy of mine who is an attorney but deals with a complete other subject matter. (he does estate work) he looked it over, and said it was 100% legit. He said if he were me he would NEVER drive thru Ashville again.

So now when we go to Hilton Head, about 10 miles out side of town my wife takes over and drives as we pass thru the city limits. Don't want pulled over for a tail light and find out I am still in the system.

yea I hate parking tickets.............when its THAT OBVIOUS.

fuck you city of milwaukee mother fuckers

$40 for parking in what should be a legitimate spot...

damn we live parallel lives. I got a $40 parking ticket yesterday compliments of Dania Beach. I am going to appeal. This shit bothers me too, much more than losing a few hundred on some dame basketball game.

maybe 10 years ago I got a parking ticket in Ashville NC

We were driving thru on way to Hilton Head.

Wife heard they had some quaint shops down town and she wanted to go . So we did

Was mid morning , mid week. Downtown was DEAD.

We parked in a 1 hour spot.

Went shopping, at the TOURIST places,and 3 hours and $500 or so latter came back to a PARKING TICKET.

Now keep in mind, we are in a TOURIST SHOPPING AREA. Mid week, OUT OF STATE PLATES, and 65% of spaces were empty.

I laughed , tossed ticket in trash can and went on my way.

I think ticket was maybe $20 bucks.

About a mth latter I got a reminder in the mail. LOL.............. right

A mth latter another, but this time the ticket was now $75 (or so)

90 days latter (I think) got a REMINDER and it was $250, and said if I didn't pay with in 30 days, my car was subject to being impounded by the City of Ashville. this struck me as odd.

Showed a buddy of mine who is an attorney but deals with a complete other subject matter. (he does estate work) he looked it over, and said it was 100% legit. He said if he were me he would NEVER drive thru Ashville again.

So now when we go to Hilton Head, about 10 miles out side of town my wife takes over and drives as we pass thru the city limits. Don't want pulled over for a tail light and find out I am still in the system.

yea I hate parking tickets.............when its THAT OBVIOUS.

wouldn't it be your car that is in the system? What good does having your wife drive do?

damn we live parallel lives. I got a $40 parking ticket yesterday compliments of Dania Beach. I am going to appeal. This shit bothers me too, much more than losing a few hundred on some dame basketball game.

my dad appealed a parking ticket one time... and while he was tied up in court for more than 2 hours he got another one :laugh

20-25 years ago before reciprocity, i could park anywhere i wanted to in chicago as long as it wasn't a tow-away zone. now they work with wisconsin

those suckers were expensive, even back then some of chicago's parking tickets were $75

a driver parks not a car is what lawyer told me.

doesn't make sense. If your wife gets stopped in Asheville they will hold the vehicle until the unpaid fines were paid. It won't matter who is driving. Your unpaid ticket was written out to your tag and not your DL.

Thousands of things. Cat hairballs. Windshield wiper fluid freezing. Weather. When a punter kicks the ball 15 yards.

Speeding and parking tickets are things I can control, so I don't get mad when those things happen, because I'm to blame.

decent points

but i certainly wasn't to blame last night... it was a legal parking space "except" when there's a horse and carriage stand there, which there wasn't last night because there was snow covering it and the guy running carriage rides doesn't work monday-thursday.

just like the time i got a ticket for parking within 15 feet of an intersection in madison... there would be no street parking if everyone followed that rule

Are all cops in the states rude and with an attitude?

Ive only had 3 encounters. The first one was when I was 15 having some breakfast at downtown Manhattan. I went on a trip with like 20 costarican girls for their sweet 15 birthday, I was 16 at the time. We stayed at the Lowes hotel so I was just getting some breakfast at the corner coffee shop. Some guy approached me and started asking me questions. He said he was a policeman showed me hios badge and asked if I had my passport with me. I told him what was with the attitude but I would be happy to go to my room with him to show it to him. The guy seemed to believe my story and left me alone.

I also had an issue with an ICE officer at an airport before the 9/11 change of policy. The guy gave me an attitude becaise I tried to assist a person going through inmigration that did not speak english and the officer did not speak spanish.

Last year I went to Disney at Florida and when driving back from the park there was a police car parked on the side of the road with the lights on. I was driving at the proper speed and then the guy tried to cut me out of my lane and I couldnt move to the other lane because there were cars. I could have pulled the breaks hard to let him pass or do what I thought was best, I stepped on the gas to pass him fast so that he could join my lane. The guy pulls me over and tells me Im not allowing him to do his job. Fucking guy gave me an attitude. He asked for me to open the back seat windows, etc. I explained to him that I dont live there and was not aware that it was a law and the guy said I understand but you will pay the ticket anyways. $250. Fuck me.

Are all cops in the states rude and with an attitude?

Ive only had 3 encounters. The first one was when I was 15 having some breakfast at downtown Manhattan. I went on a trip with like 20 costarican girls for their sweet 15 birthday, I was 16 at the time. We stayed at the Lowes hotel so I was just getting some breakfast at the corner coffee shop. Some guy approached me and started asking me questions. He said he was a policeman showed me hios badge and asked if I had my passport with me. I told him what was with the attitude but I would be happy to go to my room with him to show it to him. The guy seemed to believe my story and left me alone.

I also had an issue with an ICE officer at an airport before the 9/11 change of policy. The guy gave me an attitude becaise I tried to assist a person going through inmigration that did not speak english and the officer did not speak spanish.

Last year I went to Disney at Florida and when driving back from the park there was a police car parked on the side of the road with the lights on. I was driving at the proper speed and then the guy tried to cut me out of my lane and I couldnt move to the other lane because there were cars. I could have pulled the breaks hard to let him pass or do what I thought was best, I stepped on the gas to pass him fast so that he could join my lane. The guy pulls me over and tells me Im not allowing him to do his job. Fucking guy gave me an attitude. He asked for me to open the back seat windows, etc. I explained to him that I dont live there and was not aware that it was a law and the guy said I understand but you will pay the ticket anyways. $250. Fuck me.

all depends on the cops how bad their attitude is... we grow up here thinking the police are there to help you, but usually nothing good comes from dealing with the police

300 dollar speeding ticket last week for going 71 in a 55 . Not a car anywhere near me going on a straightaway.

Fucking kids texting and driving and old fucks nearly killing people crossing over 3 lanes of traffic going 20mph under and im the danger on the roadways.

Just garbage

1800-citation and it will disappear for $60