"Legalized national sports betting cannot come soon enough"

rito

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.php/374051-HRWager-refusing-to-pay-out-unless-player-admits-she-lied

Kelly quote from the thread above which many agree with. Im curious why people think this would help with the situation in that thread. George catches player gnoming offers to pay if they admit it.

At legal regulated books in europe like Will Hill, BWin, BetFair, b364,.etc. they not only would keep all the money(deposit included) they wont even tell you why. Just 'suspected fraud'. No judge, no jury they just keep the money.

Will Hill already pulls crap like this in vegas and it will be worse if they can open up online to the whole country.

Guest boatboatboat

IMO having it be legal will take away many of the +EV things players have now. Things like a bonus and stuff.

But on the flip side players funds would be safer.

for a guy like me and 99% if us, the only fighting chance we have to ever break even is with a huge bonus or a contest or something.

So while it will be cool to know your $ is safer, if you are like me and cant beat -110 long term,. does it matter. Hell I will lose it anyhow with my bets.

See I disagee, I hope it does happen. I think there will be ( at least at first) enough promos to make some decent money. But, im not deluding myself into thinking youll be able to play at pinnacle like other people seem to think.

The other funny thing is people want it because they dont like the customer service they get from the ticos. Like an american company is going to provide better. Have fun having to call india for a payout.

And well obv options will improve, none of the big regulated books pay instantly it takes a couple of days to even get an ewallet payout.

Guest boatboatboat
See I disagee, I hope it does happen. I think there will be ( at least at first) enough promos to make some decent money. But, im not deluding myself into thinking youll be able to play at pinnacle like other people seem to think.

The other funny thing is people want it because they dont like the customer service they get from the ticos. Like an american company is going to provide better. Have fun having to call india for a payout.

And well obv options will improve, none of the big regulated books pay instantly it takes a couple of days to even get an ewallet payout.

if/when it happens do you see it being available on apps in a place like Ohio the way it is in vegas now?

reason I ask, is that if it isn't on an app and you live a distance away from the sports book, most wont play IMO. they will still go online and gamble.

That's just JK taking a shot at George - he's very passive aggressive like a woman.

FTR, George should have paid and booted (which he did) but he shouldn't have made her jump through hoops. I have no problem with George, but she didn't circumvent any rules and shouldn't have had to prove that she made all the wagers. If he had a prior account, had been booted or denied a sign up, or scammed prior causing him to be blacklisted then this would have been warranted. The fact that he never had an account with you makes it really pointless if he or she was placing the wagers, IMO.

I have a bookmaker account that I let my buddy use so I don't know all the wagers placed on it.

I agree that he was taking a shot at me, that's why I replied to ck's post with the same page out of jk's book.

In regards to the person, we would never have found what was going on unless we asked her about the account.

That's just JK taking a shot at George - he's very passive aggressive like a woman.

FTR, George should have paid and booted (which he did) but he shouldn't have made her jump through hoops. I have no problem with George, but she didn't circumvent any rules and shouldn't have had to prove that she made all the wagers. If he had a prior account, had been booted or denied a sign up, or scammed prior causing him to be blacklisted then this would have been warranted. The fact that he never had an account with you makes it really pointless if he or she was placing the wagers, IMO.

I have a bookmaker account that I let my buddy use so I don't know all the wagers placed on it.

if/when it happens do you see it being available on apps in a place like Ohio the way it is in vegas now?

reason I ask, is that if it isn't on an app and you live a distance away from the sports book, most wont play IMO. they will still go online and gamble.

Hmm that's actually an interesting thought. I always just imagined there would only be online books outside of vegas, but in the UK they have betting shops all over the place. I would assume that for sure though it would all be available online.

lol at you guys think it will be fair

they already take half out of the rigged lottos, 30% out of horse racing pools and rake $7 out of every poker pot

what make you think sports betting will be any different?

I don't agree with people who think it will be gov't run, but they will require US licenses and they will give them to places like Will Hill that will limit anyone with a clue to $0.

Guest boatboatboat

I do think it will do much less harm to the local bookie than some think.

Still able to wager on credit..........and make payments if needed.

In addition if legal thru licensed sports books, it takes off some of the stigma of betting with a local. makes it seem less unlawful.

It might even help some locals as it calls more attention to sports wagering

I don't agree with people who think it will be gov't run, but they will require US licenses and they will give them to places like Will Hill that will limit anyone with a clue to $0.

if they require a US license then wouldn't there be some kind of wagering tax? something stupid like 1/2% of every transaction? so then that either gets eaten up by the book as part of the juice, or it gets tacked on, either way not good for the customer...

if they require a US license then wouldn't there be some kind of wagering tax? something stupid like 1/2% of every transaction? so then that either gets eaten up by the book as part of the juice, or it gets tacked on, either way not good for the customer...

I doubt it, it's already taxed on both ends.