Why do some books set a max bet limit of however much that you originally deposit?

po69

I believe that most lower level books would answer that it would make it hard to complete a rollover.

At times I might deposit $250 or so in 5dimes, but when I win a few parlays then I am betting $1000 or so a game or parlay. Doesn't appear to have a limit at all at 5dimes.

At some of sponsoring books here, they will limit you to $250 or $350 depending on how much you deposit. But if you run that deposit up to lets say $1500, then you should be able to wager $1500 on a game

This was a reaction to the popularizing of the bust out bonus whoring method that I had been advocating for years. I have been told that this was directly related to my bonus whoring thread across the street. Your welcome :doh

That's still beyond stupid. If the bookmaker seeks to maximize their +eg, a player betting their whole balance every game is ideal. You don't see real books doing this.

Doesn't matter. Run some sims, the book stands to gain nothing from this unless they are massively underfunded.

let's take hrwager as an example...

player 1 deposits 500, can bet it all.

deposits 500, takes freeplay 500 loses

deposits 500, takes freeplay 500 shoves it all and ends up breaking even from the other 2, loses 200 in juice and withdraws 2200 and hrwager is out the w/d fees. hrwager loses around 750

player 2 deposits 500, can only bet 250... so his juice eventually offsets the freeplay and w/d fee, giving hrwager at least a breakeven proposition

let's take hrwager as an example...

player 1 deposits 500, can bet it all.

deposits 500, takes freeplay 500 shoves it all and ends up breaking even from the other 2, loses 200 in juice and withdraws 2200 and hrwager is out the w/d fees. hrwager loses around 750

player 2 deposits 500, can only bet 250... so his juice eventually offsets the freeplay and w/d fee, giving hrwager at least a breakeven proposition

I thought we were limiting bets to deposit amount so you would have $500 limits.

Either way you can always come up with examples to support one position. the player can just as easily lose 2 *250 as one 500. Will see if i can put together a simulator for this sometime this weekend.

I thought we were limiting bets to deposit amount so you would have $500 limits.

Either way you can always come up with examples to support one position. the player can just as easily lose 2 *250 as one 500. Will see if i can put together a simulator for this sometime this weekend.

yes you would have 500 limits so you'd have to lose the deposit and the freeplay bets to go bust immediately... but the higher the bet amount the higher the variance, so from the book's point of view the better chance of going busto before meeting the rollover requirements and then getting another bonus...

benefit of higher bets is that they potentially get more deposits, but downside being over the long run they are getting less juice and paying more transaction fees than the guy that is just making $50 bets until he goes busto

yes you would have 500 limits so you'd have to lose the deposit and the freeplay bets to go bust immediately... but the higher the bet amount the higher the variance, so from the book's point of view the better chance of going busto before meeting the rollover requirements and then getting another bonus...

benefit of higher bets is that they potentially get more deposits, but downside being over the long run they are getting less juice and paying more transaction fees than the guy that is just making $50 bets until he goes busto

The book doesn't want you to meet the rollver. Griffin treats you like a criminal if you do. They want you to go bust as soon as possible. If I deposit $500 and lose it on one bet, or it takes me 250 bets to lose, they still only gained $500. They want you to lose your entire deposit, the faster the better. What you go on to do with subsequent deposits is irrelevant, the book comes out exactly the same in your example if instead of losing one $500 bet on the first deposits the player instead takes 200 bets to lose the $500. They should much prefer getting your $500 all at once than waiting 3 months to get it.

The book doesn't want you to meet the rollver. Griffin treats you like a criminal if you do. They want you to go bust as soon as possible. If I deposit $500 and lose it on one bet, or it takes me 250 bets to lose, they still only gained $500. They want you to lose your entire deposit, the faster the better. What you go on to do with subsequent deposits is irrelevant, the book comes out exactly the same in your example if instead of losing one $500 bet on the first deposits the player instead takes 200 bets to lose the $500. They should much prefer getting your $500 all at once than waiting 3 months to get it.

makes sense... i was thinking in terms of how many deposit/withdrawal fees they are paying, and how much in juice they are collecting.

but logically you're right... so is the main reason that they don't want people going from 500 to 10,000? and if so, what is the harm if they have 50 other guys losing the 500

My point milwaukeemike is what I do at 5dimes sometimes. I am going to deposit $200 today for a 2 teama parlay tonight for $200. If I win, (one is a hockey play) it should pay around $400 plus my $200 back.

Then tomorrow I can guarantee you that I will be betting more than the $200 limit that another book would impose. Probably more like a $450 2 team hockey parlay. Small books ARE NOT the way to go If you have a high balance that is for sure. It actually forces a bettor to request a payout as soon as they meet the rollover because their limits are too low. They can then just deposit elsewhere where you don't have a limit