Joey says it's a weave? Weave this, fucko...

KingRevolver

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My last house was 1650sq ft. I had it painted before we sold it. 3800 for everything, trim, doors and drywall repair.

3 years ago?

Had the house we are in now painted after we bought it.

$5200. Sq foot is like 2400-2600. A lot of wall repair with that too. First house was all one color. This house is only 2 colors.

When they give a ridiculously high figure, that means they dont want the job(along with prob dont have time for it). If the sucker actually said ok, they're thrilled and will do it.

• 5 months later...

How expensive is drywall repair?  I have two sections downstairs that are probably 4’ x 6’ and then a couple corners that run from ceiling to floor. Finally put in a call today, and I’m waiting on a call back. Is this something that’s sowhat specialized or is it fairly easy work? I assume the former, but not sure.

Is it even worth calling around to different places for such a small job?

How expensive is drywall repair?  I have two sections downstairs that are probably 4’ x 6’ and then a couple corners that run from ceiling to floor. Finally put in a call today, and I’m waiting on a call back. Is this something that’s sowhat specialized or is it fairly easy work? I assume the former, but not sure.

Is it even worth calling around to different places for such a small job?

What do you mean? you want the whole sheets removed and replaced, or just fix/patch a couple holes/dings?

Drywall repair is easy, but possibly messy since it would require new taping/sanding if you're talking about whole new sections.

What do you mean? you want the whole sheets removed and replaced, or just fix/patch a couple holes/dings?

Well I had some damage from the flooding and then they they thought maybe there was a leak from pipe in wall , so they knocked the wall out.  I don’t know how to explain it, but basically half of the wall is missing. I can see straight into the bathroom. I don’t know big the sheets are, but I assume that is what needs to be done? 

Well I had some damage from the flooding and then they they thought maybe there was a leak from pipe in wall , so they knocked the wall out.  I don’t know how to explain it, but basically half of the wall is missing. I can see straight into the bathroom. I don’t know big the sheets are, but I assume that is what needs to be done? 

Not a big job, as for what would it cost, you might be able to get a handyman for  2-3 hondo, it would require several visits,  at least 2 or 3 for taping.mudding, followed by 1 or 2 more for sanding, then it would need painting. the actual cost for sheetrock is nothing - a 4X8 sheet is less that $10.

Not a big job, as for what would it cost, you might be able to get a handyman for  2-3 hondo, it would require several visits,  at least 2 or 3 for taping.mudding, followed by 1 or 2 more for sanding, then it would need painting. the actual cost for sheetrock is nothing - a 4X8 sheet is less that $10.

Well I called a drywall Co listed online that said no job too small, so we will see.   Have a friend with some experience who offered to do it, but I don’t like mixing friendship with professional work if I can avoid it.  Thanks for replies...was very helpful. 

Well I called a drywall Co listed online that said no job too small, so we will see.   Have a friend with some experience who offered to do it, but I don’t like mixing friendship with professional work if I can avoid it.  Thanks for replies...was very helpful. 

Dont be an idiot, let the friend do it(assuming they know how).

Well I called a drywall Co listed online that said no job too small, so we will see. Have a friend with some experience who offered to do it, but I don’t like mixing friendship with professional work if I can avoid it. Thanks for replies...was very helpful.

Drywall is not professional work.

Get your friend to do it and service him when finished. Think of all the money you save.

There’s a little more to it.  If it was (is) going to be much more expensive, then I will rethink. 

You have a tiny job, the problem is you need a guy  to come over for maybe an hr the first day and then 20 min each 3 or 4 more times, so hiring someone entails them traveling back and forth to your place. Your friend wont care about that as much.