Predicted Packers Good D Months Ago In May Vegas Win Totals Thread

Mike75

http://forum.thegamblingforum.com/index.php?/topic/51643-2019-post-draft-vegas-nfl-win-totals-schedulesdraftetc/?hl=packers

i posted this May 2nd link is above....

From May 2nd Post Draft Vegas NFL Win Totals

The Packers could've repeated as Super Bowl champs had Thompson went and got a couple free agents where there were weaknesses mainly on defense.

However this new GM ain't fucking around he is the opposite of Thompson in fact the new Packers GM  Brian Gutekunst has already signed 2 really good pass rushers DE Preston Smith, DE Za'Darius Smith AND signed free agent safety Adrian Amos who spent his first 4 years with the Bears playing very well so that move hurt the Bears strengthened Packers. Also the Packers used both of their 1st round picks in the draft on defense.

Now that the Packers are building a good defense i think that they are gonna improve big time in '19.

Bears having a 1st place schedule hurts.

Now OVERS/UNDERS I will not touch the Bears 9 because i think its a good chance they could finish around 9-7. However Green Bay i would POUND the ever loving shit out of the OVER 9 on the Packers.

This year the new GM splurged on 2 pass rushers and took a good safety from rival Chicago. They also spent 2 first rounders on defense. They also have a new HC Matt LaFleur an offensive minded head coach who used to be with McVay and the Rams. Of course Aaron Rodgers is gonna dare you to outscore him and now with a much better defense it will be much harder to try and beat the Packers.

When i wrote these words in May i had no idea how prophetic they'd be.....

Adrian Amos who spent his first 4 years with the Bears playing very well so that move hurt the Bears strengthened Packers.

Amos helped the Packers with a crucial INT thwarting the Bears chances of a win last night.

VERY WELL DONE

Thanks....

There is also another thread as well where i was talking about how good the Packers would be on defense. I knew they'd be good and these are my reasons why below.....

1. Mike Pettine defense coordinator.  He is tough no nonsense guy and i knew he'd be a damn good hire to run the D. He was a defensive coach for years in Baltimore and was the Jets defensive coordinator the two straight years the Jets had the NFL number 1 defense and 2 straight AFC Championship appearances in 2009 and 2010.

2. 2 first round picks spent on defense.

3. After years of silence in free agency a new GM has splurged heavily on D. 2 really good pass rushers DE Preston Smith, DE Za'Darius Smith AND signed free agent safety Adrian Amos who spent his first 4 years with the Bears.

4. Amos the former Bear the Packers signed has already paid off for Green Bay.

is the packers D really that good or is Trubisky that bad?

I'll go with the latter

A combination of the 2...most Packer fans knew the D would be much better this year (it couldn't get much worse based on last year). Second year with Pettine running the D and they added a ton of talent and rid themselves of players who didn't fit the scheme i.e. Haha Dix, Clay Matthews, Mike Daniels etc.

Nice writeup Mike75

I dont need to learn about squares, I wrote the book. I've never claimed to be a good sports better. I never saw a favorite i didn;t love..."lets see, giving up 37 pt's, i dont see why not". :lol