Haircuts

Cornbread Maxwell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For years my wife did mine.  And she did a damn good job.  6 up top with a 1 on the sides.  Did a nice job of fading it in. 

About a year ago I decided I grow the top out longer while I still have hair. A little more difficult for a novice.  So go to Great Clips up the street and they do a good job.  

$14 + $6 tip for $20 out the door.

Great Clips? I’ve been going there a couple years and also do the $14 + $6 thing.

I USED TO GO TO THIS DAGO HIS NAME WAS LEANARDO RIGHT OFF THE BOAT FROM THE OLD COUNTRY ITALY

HE TOLD ME THE OLD TIME BARBERS HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL IN ITALY IT WAS LIKE COLLEGE 2 YEARS OF TRAINING THEY TOOK HAIRCUTS VERY SERIOUSLY I ALWAYS REMEMBER LEONARDO HE WOULD ALWAYD CUT THE BACK OF YOUR NECK AND SIDEBURNS WITH A STRAIGHT EDGE RAZOR THEN PUT ON THAT NICE SMELLING COLOGNE

WHEN HE HAD THE STRAIGHT EDGE TO MY NECK I ALWAYS USED TO JOKE LEONARDO I AM ONE OF THE GOOD IRISH GUYS

HE IS CUTTING HAIR AT THE SAME PLACE FOR OVER 45 YEARS NOW AND STILL GOING STRONG.

I HAVE A NEW BARBER NOW AND I GET FREE HAIRCUTS AND NO TIPS SHE IS MY LOVELY WIFE

Considering I'm bald on top and they use clippers on the side, I dont think it matters.

Not to a person who doesn’t care much about their appearance and lives purposely in squalor.

Takes these guys 20 minutes to give someone a buzz cut because they’d break out 4 different pairs of clippers/attachments. It would take G Clips 3 minutes.

These GClips people probably service 2 clients for every 1 that the barber shop guys do. At least 2 to 1. If you guys think the quality of the cut is equal you are inane.

I didn't say it was the same, of course a barber is better, but a barber is twice the price, and for a guy with no hair but a pretty face to offset it, great clips is just fine.

Not to a person who doesn’t care much about their appearance and lives purposely in squalor.

Takes these guys 20 minutes to give someone a buzz cut because they’d break out 4 different pairs of clippers/attachments. It would take G Clips 3 minutes.

Any barber that uses attachments as a fucking idiot.