Game of the Month

housepicks

I think the nfl screwed the rules up at the end.

Denver down 7 scores a td and decides to go for. 2. They commit a false start. Now if they want to go for 2, it's from the 7.

Then the bears get called for offsides. The refs marked it off as half the distance from the 2.

Why did the previous penalty and spot get ignored.

The penalty should have been marked off as half the distance from the 7. And most likely denver kicks the pat and game goes to OT.

What am I missing...

Denver down 7 scores a td and decides to go for. 2. They commit a false start. Now if they want to go for 2, it's from the 7.

Then the bears get called for offsides. The refs marked it off as half the distance from the 2.

The penalty should have been marked off as half the distance from the 7. And most likely denver kicks the pat and game goes to OT.

What am I missing...

Yes that is strange. Announcers didn't catch that either

What am I missing...

They explained it on the telecast. Since they kicked the extra point, it resets to the two yard line for some reason. Not sure why but it's a rule apparently.

They explained it on the telecast. Since they kicked the extra point, it resets to the two yard line for some reason. Not sure why but it's a rule apparently.

I saw the play and it made sense.  If the bears jumped offsides (which they did), they would have moved the ball 5 yards ahead only if Denver chose to attempt the kick.  They chose to go for 2, and that moved the ball to the original spot.  If they don't get that option, teams would jump offsides more trying to block the kick with no real penalty outside of a shorter rekick.

It was a shame for Denver that it ended that way.  The Chubb late hit was pure BS.

I saw the play and it made sense.  If the bears jumped offsides (which they did), they would have moved the ball 5 yards ahead only if Denver chose to attempt the kick.  They chose to go for 2, and that moved the ball to the original spot.  If they don't get that option, teams would jump offsides more trying to block the kick with no real penalty outside of a shorter rekick.

It was a shame for Denver that it ended that way.  The Chubb late hit was pure BS.

*moved the ball to the original spot, then apply the penalty yardage.

it happens every game. Its just pure nonsense, changes Denvers entire season