RIP Eddie Money - Dead at 70.

El Chapo2017

A very underrated song.

Agreed. . I always liked it, but I never would’ve been able to tell you who sang it. I actually would not have been able to name one of his songs, but I know all of these that I’ve posted now that I hear them. I don’t know why for some reason he wasn’t more on my music radar. Had a ton of hits.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-money-shakin-lyric/

could have placed higher than No. 63 on the Hot 100 if he had removed a word that was forbidden from the airwaves.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Money recalled how he was able to slip the line "Her tits were shakin'" -- which appears at the 1:04 mark in the below video -- past his label.

"Nobody noticed it," he said. "And [my manager] Bill Graham was so, so pissed off at me because he said that could've been a Top 5 single, and 'You and your sophomoric fucking bullshit, now I can't get it on the radio.' But when I talked to people, they go, 'I loved it when you said that! Wow!'"

Read More: Eddie Money Finally Comes Clean About That 'Shakin'' Lyric | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-money-shakin-lyric/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Met him about 5 years ago. He was playing for 5-6000 people at a minor league baseball stadium in Crestwood IL.

My buddies supplied golf carts to the local police to use as security. We had an extra golf cart with police stickers on it and I was cruising the grounds on a golf cart with about 5 kids on it.

I drove past a trailer in the back and he was outside hanging out before the show by himself.

I stopped and we talked for at least 20 minutes. He posed for pictures and we talked like we knew each other for 20 years.

Super cool guy. My daughter was 7 and she thought she met a real current rock star.

She likes all the hit songs as do I. We’ll both have good memories to think about whenever he comes on the radio.

Rest in piece Eddie. You are the man.

Played a great show too. His daughter performed with him. Light drizzle for the whole concert. Some of my fav concerts have been smaller outside fest type concerts by some guys still making a buck off some songs from yesteryear.

They arent just making a buck. They are doing something with their lives. Thats more important to them. Mick Jagger doesn't need the money but he will probably die on stage