American Factory movie

Machiavelli

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this movie about a month ago,thought it gave an unbiased opinion

Looks like China runs their businesses more like a cult and have their workers fooled and were surprised when they couldn’t treat the Americans the same way

Dayton was foolish to give a billionaire a tax break,his ultimate goal is to automate that plant and have as few workers as possible

If an Forgeiner opens a business in China there are no tax breaks and they are more than likely gonna have to pay off government officials

Our government subsidizes all kinds of large businesses while letting the small business fend for themselves. From Google to Amazon to NFL stadiums. Impossible for the small business to compete with them. Even worse when it's a foreign entity.

It needs to end.

Yeah, but if the foreign business opens a Transgender bathroom and virtue signals on twitter about various social issues, then it is perfectly OKAY for all of this stuff. 

hahahaha. 

Funniest part of the show was when the Mandarin speaking American came back from China and tried to give the same kind of pep talk to the American workers as the Chinese company did to their workers

That showed the big difference in the cultures

Chinese people are indoctrinated early and often

That guy was such a suck ass douche.

• 5 weeks later...

Finished it other night.

Thought it was interesting that they showed only the black workers when they were talking about unionizing. 

They pounded the message that the Chinese were hard workers and the Americans were lazy endlessly.

Were you left with any kind of defensive type takeaways or nah? 

Does make me wonder why we allow so much foreign investment, especially when they do not particularly care for us anyway. 

Not an Economic issue.

Could've given that same deal to an American company.

Of course it is. Do you think the factory would have sat empty for so long if an American company wanted it?

I did laugh at the “they don’t even really care for us” As if that has any baring on where you should take investment from. You take the best deal for the most money. Capitalism 101

Of course it is. Do you think the factory would have sat empty for so long if an American company wanted it?

I did laugh at the “they don’t even really care for us” As if that has any baring on where you should take investment from. You take the best deal for the most money. Capitalism 101

They were given a sweetheart deal.

Stuff like this movie can help sway public sentiment from having local officials being so generous to foreign investors.

Granted, may take a little longer to get an American company.

But still...bigger picture. And it is a bit surprising how this was shown in an American First type climate when its producers are obviously more pro globalism.

So my query stands in being curious if it made him defensive or nah.

Fair point, but look at Dingo post above about how China likely treats American companies.

Perhaps our method is why we are still top economy, but again, can still shift sentiment.

I do think one could also watch this movie and think maybe it's not so bad especially since people were given a chance to vote for a union and do not have to work there.

But still, fair to question if people watching are a bit defensive towards China, a billionaire owner or both.

Fair point, but look at Dingo post above about how China likely treats American companies.

Perhaps our method is why we are still top economy, but again, can still shift sentiment.

I do think one could also watch this movie and think maybe it's not so bad especially since people were given a chance to vote for a union and do not have to work there.

But still, fair to question if people watching are a bit defensive towards China, a billionaire owner or both.

My stance has zero to do with this movie.

Simple free market economics

A business decided it made sense to open in that location. The owner of the factory decided the price said business was willing to pay was fair. The workers choose to work there.

Don’t care if it’s a Russian/ African / Chinese or American company. Money is all green.

My stance has zero to do with this movie.

Simple free market economics

A business decided it made sense to open in that location. The owner of the factory decided the price said business was willing to pay was fair. The workers choose to work there.

Don’t care if it’s a Russian/ African / Chinese or American company. Money is all green.

And if they offer $10/hour and can’t get workers, then they may have to offer $11, or whatever it takes to get them. If it costs too much, they look elsewhere.

Bottom line, get a marketable skill or work for The Man.

And if they offer $10/hour and can’t get workers, then they may have to offer $11, or whatever it takes to get them. If it costs too much, they look elsewhere.

Bottom line, get a marketable skill or work for The Man.

Tegs the redpilled supporter or the Republicans doesn’t seem to grasp this concept. Must be some residual libtard stink still on him.

Tegs the redpilled supporter or the Republicans doesn’t seem to grasp this concept. Must be some residual libtard stink still on him.

Or, I asked someone a question about THEIR personal takeaway and you jumped in to talk trash.

Could be that.

If you want my thoughts, re-read the thread.

People can ask questions to gather insight without injecting their own view point.

But I'm glad you found something you could comment on n continue as you are!