DISH took away my BIG10, FOX, FS1 and FS2 channels today

sleepy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

I’m not dealing with the buffering bullshit during football

I recently went back to cable.  Got sick and tired of the buffering and looping.  I have top of the line internet and still had issues with it.  

Bundled the internet and cable together and it's only $30 more per month vs having the internet separate with the Sling.  

I recently went back to cable.  Got sick and tired of the buffering and looping.  I have top of the line internet and still had issues with it.  

Bundled the internet and cable together and it's only $30 more per month vs having the internet separate with the Sling.  

I'm still doing the call up and ask for a discount thing with direct TV, been doing it for 5-6 years now, currently I'm paying about $85(after a $40 discount). i keep hearing they are going to stop that, when they do I'm gone.

I hate to say it but i support dish, the true enemy is the networks/providers that think they deserve double digit increases in fee's every time they renew, someone has to stand up to them.

I'm still doing the call up and ask for a discount thing with direct TV, been doing it for 5-6 years now, currently I'm paying about $85(after a $40 discount). i keep hearing they are going to stop that, when they do I'm gone.

I hate to say it but i support dish, the true enemy is the networks/providers that think they deserve double digit increases in fee's every time they renew, someone has to stand up to them.

Exactly. I really wish Dish/Direct/Cable Cos could be in a dispute with these greedy channels at the same time - - that would really hit them where it hurts.

Once a cable or satellite company can pull off a true full buffet style channel lineup, they will kill it.  Only pay for what you watch.  I have 250+ channels and probably watch no more than 15.  Of those 15, 5 probably get 80% of my viewing.  

They are on the right track with all of these little packages you can get.  But a true pay per each channel option will be a game changer.  

Once a cable or satellite company can pull off a true full buffet style channel lineup, they will kill it.  Only pay for what you watch.  I have 250+ channels and probably watch no more than 15.  Of those 15, 5 probably get 80% of my viewing.  

They are on the right track with all of these little packages you can get.  But a true pay per each channel option will be a game changer.  

The cable/satellite cos would love to do this right now. The media companies won't allow it. You want to sell ESPN on your cable co? Well Disney won't allow it unless you also pay for ESPN2, all the Disney channels and the other channels they own. 90% of cable channels are owned by 8-9 companies and they force the Cable Co to pay for the lesser watched channels in order for the privilege of carrying the popular channels - - -the cost is passed to you.

Once a cable or satellite company can pull off a true full buffet style channel lineup, they will kill it. Only pay for what you watch. I have 250+ channels and probably watch no more than 15. Of those 15, 5 probably get 80% of my viewing.

They are on the right track with all of these little packages you can get. But a true pay per each channel option will be a game changer.

Spot on.

Did you try hulu live or you tube tv?

The hulu live never buffers. I do have business class internet though.

Did you try hulu live or you tube tv?

Tried Hulu.  Don't remember having issues with it during the free trial period.  Haven't tried Youtube TV yet.

Picked Sling because they offered what I needed as far as channel options.  Need the Pac12 Network, etc.  Sling had everything I wanted.  The other two were at least lacking one channel I wanted. 

I called in and bitched tonight.

They gave me a one time $8 discount applied to my next bill.

I feel like I just got my ass fucked.

Call and cancel sleepy.......break the contract and tell em why. Tell em you are going to go to Hulu or whatever. I guarantee you get more than 8 bucks off and hell if I was you I would just straight up cancel. Dish blows......I'm surprised you don't have DTV with the NFL Ticket.

I called in and bitched tonight.

They gave me a one time $8 discount applied to my next bill.

I feel like I just got my ass fucked.

Tell them to jam that stupid discount up their ass, you just want to see your fucking games just like everyone else.

Sorry Sleepy that really sucks.