High-Speed Rail Line From LA-Vegas to break ground 2020

sweeper

from CardPlayer.com-

First Track Would Connect Vegas To Victorville For 75-90 Minute Commute

by Card Player News Team  |  Published: Oct 16, 2019

print-icon-153e261d88c2bb24e41900da5d57e

high-speed-train.jpgThe company behind a high-speed train that would connect Las Vegas to Southern California says they hope to break ground on the project sometime in 2020.

Virgin Trains USA says they will start construction on their initial 180-mile rail project sometime in the middle of next year, with plans to start operating towards the end of 2023.

The line will end in Victorville, for now, but Virgin Trains also plans to eventually extend the track to Palmdale and then Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. While Las Vegas to Victorville can normally take up to three hours by car, the train would only take between 75 and 90 minutes, and would run every 45 minutes.

“The economy here in Clark County is booming. A lot of people want to be here. There’s a lot of excitement going on and now is the right time to make this project happen,” said Vice President Bob O’Malley speaking to Clark County Commissioners on Tuesday.

While financing is still up in the air, supporters of the roughly $5 billion project point to the success of a similar effort by Virgin Trains in South Florida to connect Miami to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, and eventually Orlando.

O’Malley’s team estimates the project will create more than 1,000 construction jobs, in addition to removing 4.5 million cars annually from the congestion of I-15.

The Las Vegas end of the line would have a station on Las Vegas Boulevard between Warm Springs and Blue Diamond Road, which is in close proximity to the new Allegiant Stadium being built for the Las Vegas Raiders in 2020.

The stopping in Victorville part is and always has been g ay. Reeks of politics as well. What’s the sense of it if you have to rent a car or get picked up in the middle of nowhere anyway?

exactly

these things only make sense if you have driverless cars/uber after you get off the train... even then it's just a total waste of money, only saves a couple hours of drive time at best

Fix our existing infrastructure before we build more.

Apparently this is a private venture, so they can spend it how they want. What would people pay to save a couple hrs drive considering they would still have to drive half way and park? They would have to charge less than flying,  airfare from LA to vegas cant be that much.

from CardPlayer.com-

First Track Would Connect Vegas To Victorville For 75-90 Minute Commute

by Card Player News Team  |  Published: Oct 16, 2019

print-icon-153e261d88c2bb24e41900da5d57e

high-speed-train.jpgThe company behind a high-speed train that would connect Las Vegas to Southern California says they hope to break ground on the project sometime in 2020.

Virgin Trains USA says they will start construction on their initial 180-mile rail project sometime in the middle of next year, with plans to start operating towards the end of 2023.

The line will end in Victorville, for now, but Virgin Trains also plans to eventually extend the track to Palmdale and then Union Station in downtown Los Angeles. While Las Vegas to Victorville can normally take up to three hours by car, the train would only take between 75 and 90 minutes, and would run every 45 minutes.

“The economy here in Clark County is booming. A lot of people want to be here. There’s a lot of excitement going on and now is the right time to make this project happen,” said Vice President Bob O’Malley speaking to Clark County Commissioners on Tuesday.

While financing is still up in the air, supporters of the roughly $5 billion project point to the success of a similar effort by Virgin Trains in South Florida to connect Miami to Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, and eventually Orlando.

O’Malley’s team estimates the project will create more than 1,000 construction jobs, in addition to removing 4.5 million cars annually from the congestion of I-15.

The Las Vegas end of the line would have a station on Las Vegas Boulevard between Warm Springs and Blue Diamond Road, which is in close proximity to the new Allegiant Stadium being built for the Las Vegas Raiders in 2020.

The Miami train is NOT a success.  It is overpriced, too many stops, you don't really save any time, and it is directly competing with a public transit that is already in place.

Florida got fleeced on this train. The old governor Rick Scott, was the guy who brought the train here and imagine that, he has ties to ownership of the company.  Fuck these fake high speed trains

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/17/639520111/florida-gov-rick-scott-has-convoluted-ties-to-rail-company-whose-project-he-supp

The biggest obstacle mass transit has is people have become accustomed to driving their own vehicles

My commute takes longer and longer every year and I noticed most cars have only the driver,me included

Eventually the cost of automobile ownership and insurance/maintenance will be too expensive for most people,it’s slowly happening here

The Miami train is NOT a success. It is overpriced, too many stops, you don't really save any time, and it is directly competing with a public transit that is already in place.

Florida got fleeced on this train. The old governor Rick Scott, was the guy who brought the train here and imagine that, he has ties to ownership of the company. Fuck these fake high speed trains

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/17/639520111/florida-gov-rick-scott-has-convoluted-ties-to-rail-company-whose-project-he-supp

True but its alot more comfortable than trirail plus if u like to party its literally right across from los olas in broward.

The biggest obstacle mass transit has is people have become accustomed to driving their own vehicles

My commute takes longer and longer every year and I noticed most cars have only the driver,me included

Eventually the cost of automobile ownership and insurance/maintenance will be too expensive for most people,it’s slowly happening here

The fukkin commute here is bad.

I won't go anywhere near the 1 or 17 or the IA.

True but its alot more comfortable than trirail plus if u like to party its literally right across from los olas in broward.

the shady politics behind this soured me on Brightline.  I used to take tri-rail but it was a PITA too because I had to transfer to the metrorail.