If you had invested $1 in Bitcoin in 2010 you would now have $90,000

sugardaddy

New York (CNN Business)The decade is almost over — and one incredibly volatile investment stood out from all the rest as the best of the 2010s. Want to guess what it was?

Bitcoin.
According to a recent report by Bank of America Securities, if you invested $1 in bitcoin at the start of the decade, it would now be worth more than $90,000.
bitcoin (XBT) is currently valued at about $7,000. While that's still significantly below its peak price of just under $20,000 two years ago, it's substantially higher than the fractions of a penny that one bitcoin cost at the beginning of the Twenty-Teens.
Bitcoin remains a highly speculative investment, but it has soared during the past decade as it emerged as the most-popular and widely accepted cryptocurrency.
More retailers are accepting bitcoin as a form of payment, and several investment firms and exchanges have launched futures trading for bitcoin, a move that helped legitimize it.
And Facebook's (FB) planned launch of the Libra digital currency initiative has also further validated bitcoin and other crytpocurrencies in the minds of many investors.
The BofA report lists several other fun facts about what's been a wild decade for the markets — one that has seen stocks recover from the depths of the Great Recession and hit new highs despite a trade war between the United States and China, attacks on the Federal Reserve by President Trump, Brexit concerns and a slowdown in Europe as well as continued malaise in Japan.

Always something.   I don’t read 5% of what I used to. I have decided it’s impossible to tell what is fake news in crypto world.   I just hope for the best long term. 

That's the problem, it's a fake "currency" just begging for manipulation.. By the way, when will they finish mining all remaining coins(assuming they dont decide to create more)?

That's the problem, it's a fake "currency" just begging for manipulation.. By the way, when will they finish mining all remaining coins(assuming they dont decide to create more)?

I forget...i know there is a “halving” coming up early-mid 2020.      Kicking myself for not selling half of my positions mid year.   Like WVU, was holding out for 14k.