What to say

CarolinaKid

A really close buddy reach out to me after his dr appt on tuesday.He told me the dr told him to get everything in order in his life and gave him about 9 months.he told me he broke down and cried in his office.it all to do with his heart condition and something to do  clots.again i was at a lost to say nothing when i was told this.

im thinking of calling him and asking to join me for lunch or dinner and just talk, would this be bad going over the results of his dr visit.

Would be nice gesture to invite for lunch/dinner.    I would let him lead the conversation as far as the particulars and how much he wants to share. 

CK: It's a privilege you have that he came to YOU with such news, and an immense opportunity to help him, but know this: YOU don't HAVE to have all the answers for him, and his situation. Just lend him your ear, and a shoulder to cry on when he needs it.  At the same time, REMIND him that God has the last word in it all.  Doctor's can only say, control, and do so much.  In the end, it's God's will that prevails. Encourage him to confront his situation head-on, and encourage him to make the necessary preparations and plans for what may come in the weeks and months ahead.  Maybe make time to meet with him periodically and follow up on him, etc.  For sure, invite him to church.

Best wishes and prayers.