will you be losing your job?

WVU

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea yea

Spent my entire Sunday doing final checks for all the people getting let go tomorrow. Still up working on the last 30 or so. How tilting if I do end up doing all this and then be told I’m fired. Ouch

I stayed until almost 8 PM last Thursday doing the same thing. Made a joke about cutting my own termination check, which wasn’t very funny because the reason I had to do them in the first place was our usual check cutter was amongst those let go.

I dread going in this morning.

I stayed until almost 8 PM last Thursday doing the same thing. Made a joke about cutting my own termination check, which wasn’t very funny because the reason I had to do them in the first place was our usual check cutter was amongst those let go.

I dread going in this morning.

And the sad thing is it's all unnecessary, no one needs to lose their job because of a pandemic, health care should be addressed.

And the sad thing is it's all unnecessary, no one needs to lose their job because of a pandemic, health care should be addressed.

I agree health care is the number one priority but a business is like a living entity of its own

For a business to survive this ordeal it has to make some decisions that aren’t popular to ensure its survival 

I personally stopped working and left what little business I had left to the employees who still wanted to work

I agree health care is the number one priority but a business is like a living entity of its own

For a business to survive this ordeal it has to make some decisions that aren’t popular to ensure its survival 

I personally stopped working and left what little business I had left to the employees who still wanted to work

Nothing wrong with that, many, many small, medium businesses will not survive a protracted shutdown however. Some people think lockdowns will stop the pandemic, they will not, they will only slow it's rollout and delay it's end. Bending the curve is what the CDC recommendations were designed to do.

Nothing wrong with that, many, many small, medium businesses will not survive a protracted shutdown however. Some people think lockdowns will stop the pandemic, they will not, they will only slow it's rollout and delay it's end. Bending the curve is what the CDC recommendations were designed to do.

yea I thinking minimum of 6 months,wanted to retire on my own terms but unfortunately a pandemic wasn’t foreseeable 

I can go some time without pay but my workers live paycheck to paycheck. I feel for them the most. I was finding repairs and maintenance type work at our shop as much as possible for them. Only so much of it though. tbh no customers want work done. Our commercial side has mostly stopped too. The ppl who sign our checks have halted any work outside of our minimum scope required.

Cut grass....

Remove snow...

I can go some time without pay but my workers live paycheck to paycheck. I feel for them the most. I was finding repairs and maintenance type work at our shop as much as possible for them. Only so much of it though. tbh no customers want work done. Our commercial side has mostly stopped too. The ppl who sign our checks have halted any work outside of our minimum scope required.

Cut grass....

Remove snow...

Yesterday I sat down all day and re-examined by last few years of busy

Slashed some cost but will still lose money on a daily basis if my shop is idle

When you lose tens of thousands in cash flow every month the hurting starts immediately

Cut grass....

Remove snow...

Ive kept paying my employees I know need it but cannot keep it up.

Wife having same issues with paying teachers and hourly at her school.

DS assume you’re worried about your tenants not being able to pay rent too?

I certainly am. Thinking about offering a discount to each person for the next few months.

I have rentals too

I will wait till they ask

Vacancy rate hasn’t Been affected And they will get handouts from the government

DS assume you’re worried about your tenants not being able to pay rent too?

I certainly am. Thinking about offering a discount to each person for the next few months.

Buried everywhere.

Ive already started getting calls about being unable to pay rent. Did get one funny one Ill post about later.

My wife is part owner of a non profit montessori school that is shut down. Couple hundred kids enrolled and only matter of time before parents start calling for refunds.

We also own a tutoring center that is closed for foreseeable future. Called landlord to ask about working with us and his answer was rent is due on the first.

Also own a piece of a kids athletic training facility that had to close as well. Landlord is looking into cutting rent on the building at least.

And my Florida condos have all cancelled as well.

On top of fact I make a nice part time income gambling that is currently zero.

I cant even sit down my ass is beat so bad.