NFL 2020 Observations

Mike75

The word is already out that the NFL is going to have the draft on time but it will look different this year due to the pandemic going on right now.

Due to this most rookies probably won't do anything major in year one due to the lost time and limited coaching.

The NFL will look a lot different this season mostly due to moves made during free agency,usually the strength of a team would be known after a draft but this year it will be free agency because those drafted won't get much work in.

Teams with a different week one QB this year compared to last year are.....

New England,Tampa Bay,Indianapolis,Carolina,Tennessee,Cincy,L.A. Chargers,N.Y. Giants,Miami,etc.

Speaking of the AFC East there will be a team taking over that division from New England and that team is Buffalo.

Buffalo have who i think is a top 5 head coach i'd kill to have Sean McDermott. Their GM just traded for former Vikes WR Stefon Diggs.

Bills are already a playoff team and are making moves to get better.

Will be very interesting to see how Bill Belichick does in year one A.B. After Brady

I think Belichick will not sniff another Lombardi. He now has to find a starting QB for the first time in 20 years.

I personally think as long as Brady can still play at a fairly high level he is gonna come out looking better.....

Why?

Because Tampa was a borderline playoff team last year with Winston's turnovers ultimately keeping them out of the postseason.

This year they'll have Bruce Arians coaching Brady with some really good weapons like Mike Evans,Chris Godwin,Cameron Brate and the Bucs will most likely add some more weapons in the draft.

Wasn't that long ago in 2015 that Arians was one step from the Super Bowl with Arizona.

Cleveland will be stronger and have new coaches but Baltimore will be tough to overcome in the AFC North.

Watch out for Denver in the AFC West their young QB Drew Lock was making strides last year and the Broncos just traded for former Titan pro bowler Jurrell Casey and top 5 corner pro bowler AJ Bouye and Von Miller said he is very happy.

Damn i wish Chicago would've traded for a better QB than Nick Foles. They have a Super Bowl caliber defense but their GM keeps swinging and missing on QB's

Houston look like idiots in the AFC South and even their fans are pissed asking for head coach/GM Bill O'Brien's head after he botched the roster trading their best player WR DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona.

The Texans already are in trouble after O'Brien traded numerous first round picks for OT Laremy Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills from the Dolphins.

The Jags just blew up their roster so they won't be competing this year either in the AFC South trading Calais Campbell and AJ Bouye. They already traded Jalen Ramsey last year.

That leaves Indy Colts and the Tennessee Titans who made it to the AFC Championship and one step from the Super Bowl.

The difference between this years Titans and last years is they don't have to wait seven games into the year for decent QB play as Ryan Tannehill will be there from game one.

If Tannehill stays healthy i suspect the AFC South will come down to Tennessee and Indy.

Will be interesting to see how well QB Philip Rivers plays in Indy.

Also remember starting this year there will be one extra playoff team per conference.

Thanks for the NFL love, Mike75.

My only addition would be to rethink the offseason moves of Miami and how they will be so much more competitive in their division. A new friend of mine happens to be a long-time Miami fan. He keeps texting me all of their offseason moves, etc. They are looking younger and hungrier.

Let’s hope for several things.

The 2020 draft has OUTSTANDING IT support.

No hacking.

No network issues.

Then let’s hope for flexibility.

Especially when trades are involved, give the teams an extra 5 minutes or so to be able to speak with their salary cap guru’s.

Let’s hope for several things.

The 2020 draft has OUTSTANDING IT support.

No hacking.

No network issues.

Then let’s hope for flexibility.

Especially when trades are involved, give the teams an extra 5 minutes or so to be able to speak with their salary cap guru’s.

You know NE has already infiltrated about 20+ other teams draft chats.  

AFC East FINALLY an open division, and good shot NE finishes last unless they sign Cam or Jameis, or Stidham is a revelation that he has shown no evidence of being so far.  

AFC Central looks like all Balt, even with a Big Ben comeback.

AFC South looks like Indy and Tenn, with Houst a solid 3rd and Jax battling for #1 pick.

AFC West Chiefs have done an amazing job of signing their guys and trying to #runitback.  Chargers look really good, but it'll be up to Tyrod to be better than Rivers was.  

NFC East looks like Cowboys, then Eagles.  

NFC Central-GB again looks best, Bears with best D in League again, but need SOMETHING from QB, Minn looks likea step back, and Det trying one last shot to be NE Midwest.  

NFC South.   Atlanta a great darkhorse with TB and NO getting all the hype.  Carolina looks like battling for #1 pick, but Teddy is a winner.

NFC West 49ers super solid but have to battle the jinx of the super bowl loser bouncing back, and just like Atlanta from a few years ago, know they lost as the far better team.  Atl couldn't overcome it.    Ariz a live darkhorse.    Sea always good.   Rams look like cellar dwellers.    

POUND the TB Win Total (9) OVER...

EZ Money... :cigar

Like Robbery... :cigar

I think they'll go over as well....

The Bucs would've made the postseason last year they won five of their last six games heading into their final two games of the season.

All they had to do was win those last two games but lost them both losing to Houston by three after several Winston turnovers then lost in OT to Atlanta again because of Winstons turnovers.

Now with Brady they don't have to worry about multiple 4th quarter turnovers and losses.

Below is Tampa 2020 schedule....

Buccaneers Home: Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams

Away: Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Raiders, Giants

I think they'll go over as well....

The Bucs would've made the postseason last year they won five of their last six games heading into their final two games of the season.

All they had to do was win those last two games but lost them both losing to Houston by three after several Winston turnovers then lost in OT to Atlanta again because of Winstons turnovers.

Now with Brady they don't have to worry about multiple 4th quarter turnovers and losses.

Below is Tampa 2020 schedule....

Buccaneers Home: Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams

Away: Panthers, Saints, Falcons, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Raiders, Giants

Wow.

With that schedule they ought to be able to get at least 10 Winstanding on their heads.

I like McDermott too but he's really not that much better than Vrable. Are you folks really that unhappy with him?

Nah i am very happy with Vrabel.

Before Vrabel came along i wanted McDermott but everything has worked out well in Tennessee with Vrabel.

The GM in Tennessee has been with the team four years and has drafted really well and did a good job bringing in Vrabel too.

One thing that really sucked is we had some good players in the GM's first draft class in '16 and a few of thems rookie contracts were up and they left in free agency like Jack Conklin,Austin Johnson,LeShaun Sims and Tajae Sharpe a WR i really liked.

We were able to hang on to Henry from the '16 draft. Conklin was really good but way too pricey so we had to pass on re signing him. Sims won two games with 4th quarter interceptions that stopped last second drives, Sharpe was 4th on the depth chart but a very reliable WR with 92 catches in 3 years he missed his entire second year with an injury.

Both Sharpe and Sims were 5th rounders but did well despite being picked late in the draft.

This coming year we will have the '17 draft class with WR Corey Davis and TE Jonnu Smith with expring contracts on offense and CB Adoree Jackson, LB Jayon Brown with expiring ones on defense.

Thanks for the NFL love, Mike75.

My only addition would be to rethink the offseason moves of Miami and how they will be so much more competitive in their division. A new friend of mine happens to be a long-time Miami fan. He keeps texting me all of their offseason moves, etc. They are looking younger and hungrier.

Welcome :cheers

Yep once Miami drafts a new QB they will have lots of money to splurge on free agents.

They need a culture change down in Miami. They let two players go last year Ryan Tannehill and Minkah Fitzpatrick and both guys were big helps to their new teams. Tannehill turned things around with Tennessee who already had good roster but were suffering at QB. Fitzpatrick went to Pittsburgh and was a big reason for the Steelers defensive turnaround.

AFC East FINALLY an open division, and good shot NE finishes last unless they sign Cam or Jameis, or Stidham is a revelation that he has shown no evidence of being so far.  

AFC Central looks like all Balt, even with a Big Ben comeback.

AFC South looks like Indy and Tenn, with Houst a solid 3rd and Jax battling for #1 pick.

AFC West Chiefs have done an amazing job of signing their guys and trying to #runitback.  Chargers look really good, but it'll be up to Tyrod to be better than Rivers was.  

NFC East looks like Cowboys, then Eagles.  

NFC Central-GB again looks best, Bears with best D in League again, but need SOMETHING from QB, Minn looks likea step back, and Det trying one last shot to be NE Midwest.  

NFC South.   Atlanta a great darkhorse with TB and NO getting all the hype.  Carolina looks like battling for #1 pick, but Teddy is a winner.

NFC West 49ers super solid but have to battle the jinx of the super bowl loser bouncing back, and just like Atlanta from a few years ago, know they lost as the far better team.  Atl couldn't overcome it.    Ariz a live darkhorse.    Sea always good.   Rams look like cellar dwellers.    

Everything you pointed out is excellent.

Some good pointers i do agree that both Carolina and the Rams look like cellar dwellars.

Chicago i feel so bad for those guys they have an awesome defense but the QB Trubisky is mediocre. They brought in Foles but to me he only seems to play well in Philly. If i were Chicago i would've went after someone else.

Hopkins in Arizona?

Hopkins had 111 catches in '15, 96 catches in '17, 115 catches in '18, 104 catches in '19, So basically he had around 100 or more catches in 4 of the last 5 seasons and was a bitch to cover i know i saw him twice a year here in Tennessee. The whole division is glad he was traded.

All i can say is you Cards fans are gonna love Hopkins he catches everything and will help Kyler out a lot when he scrambles looking for a receiver to throw to.

Cards got some killer weapons now on offense with Drake at RB,Hopkins,Fitz,Kirk,Isabella and Butler WOW

High Octane offense in Arizona

Since August 31st, the Texans have traded away 12 players/picks and acquired 15 players/picks. A look at them all in composite:

TRADED:

WR Deandre Hopkins

OLB Jadeveon Clowney

2020 1st Round Pick

2021 1st Round Pick

2020 2nd Round Pick

2021 2nd Round Pick

2020 3rd Round Pick

2020 4th Round Pick

2020 6th Round Pick

CB Johnson Bademosi

OT Julien Davenport

Acquired:

OT Laremy Tunsil (About to sign a mega contract for Texans)

WR David Johnson (Missed almost all 2017, Dealt with back injury in 2019) 6 year vet

WR Kenny Stills (Dealt with hamstring injury in 2019) 8 year vet

OLB Barkevious Mingo (Former 1st round pick major bust played for 7 teams) 8 year vet

OLB Jacob Martin (2018 6th round pick by Seattle)

CB Gareon Conley

RB Carlos Hyde (Has played for 4 teams since 2017) 8 year vet

CB Keion Crossen (2018 7th round pick by Patriots)

2020 2nd Round Pick

2020 3rd Round Pick

2020 4th Round Pick

2021 4th Round Pick

2021 6th Round Pick

2022 4th Round Pick