Name your UnderRated athlete of the last 15-20 years

BarryRunSome

Paul was a Yankee, there never has been and never will be an underrated yankee. Rationally speaking. Take a guy with extraordinarily similar numbers, the same number of all star games, a WS winning hit off the best pitcher in post season history, but put him in Arizona and you have a player who is infinitely less talked about, less known, and more underrated, Luis Gonzalez. As per this discussion, Gonz blows Paul away.

Paul was a Yankee' date=' there never has been and never will be an underrated yankee. Rationally speaking. Take a guy with extraordinarily similar numbers, the same number of all star games, a WS winning hit off the best pitcher in post season history, but put him in Arizona and you have a player who is infinitely less talked about, less known, and more underrated, Luis Gonzalez. As per this discussion, Gonz blows Paul away.[/quote']

Gonzo underrated too. Him and O'neill have the same problem. They played when guys were all juiced up and they were overshadowed. Although gonzo has been rumored to be on one of the 100+ guys on that steroid list. He did hit 57 homers. But it's never been proven.

Paul was a Yankee' date=' there never has been and never will be an underrated yankee. Rationally speaking. Take a guy with extraordinarily similar numbers, the same number of all star games, a WS winning hit off the best pitcher in post season history, but put him in Arizona and you have a player who is infinitely less talked about, less known, and more underrated, Luis Gonzalez. As per this discussion, Gonz blows Paul away.[/quote']

Also you just made my shit list for reminding me of 2001. Heading into the bottom of the ninth my buddy and I were making plans to go to the parade. We both sat in silence during that debacle.

If we could extend the timeframe to 30 years beyond 20 years' date=' Dwight Evans would be regarded as 2x more underrated than Oneil, and he was the better player.[/quote']

Dewey is held in high regards by Red Sox nation.

His prime was before my time. But I vaguely remember the tail end of his career. Very very good player.

Gonzo underrated too. Him and O'neill have the same problem. They played when guys were all juiced up and they were overshadowed. Although gonzo has been rumored to be on one of the 100+ guys on that steroid list. He did hit 57 homers. But it's never been proven.

http://waytofamous.com/images/luis-gonzalez-02.jpg

pretty sure Gonzo wasn't being overshadowed by cheaters; pretty sure he was doing the overshadowing.

pretty sure Gonzo wasn't being overshadowed by cheaters; pretty sure he was doing the overshadowing.

He had that one great year though right? 57 homers. His name was apparently on the list with the other hundred or so. Never was proven. But I could be mistaken. But I don't think he ever hit 30

Again. Even with him cheating he was still overshadowed by the superstars. Even with 57 homers he still wasnt considered great at the time.