Who Here

drnkyourmlkshk1

Yeah right ....that why I’m first ballot

There is going to be an online gambling Hall of Fame at offshoregamblingdigest.com. You're not going to be on any ballot. Racist, mouthy Trump supporter, no. legacy Republicans, no problem. You're a failed thug, an utter no mind, and your ass is no stranger to being known to large African American men, in the Biblical sense. You have never contributed a single intelligible, worthwhile sentence at any gambling forum that I have ever seen. You're as predictable as diarrhea after drinking the water from the bathroom tap at a gas station on the outskirts of Tijuana.

There actually is going to be an online gambling Hall of Fame, and credible and very long time posters will be the selectors. There is zero chance you would be selected. There may be a corresponding Hall of Infamy. Yeah, you'd be first ballot there. You're a low grade asswipe, and there's a place for you in the history of Forumville.

Are felons allowed to vote in Canada?

We don't have felons in Canada. We don't have felonies in our law. We have indictable offenses and summary conviction offenses. Anyone in prison can vote in provincial and federal elections. Every person convicted of a crime, except those serving life sentences, is no longer considered a criminal when they have served the full sentence of the law. They have every right every other Canadian has.

I understand that you feel intimidated by the imbalance in our respective intellectual and moral standing. Nonetheless, in a forum where most of the posters have committed some form of felony, it takes a weaselly piece of shit to mumble about felonies in an attempt to elevate himself out of the mud.

Anything else you'd like to gurgle out on a Thursday afternoon.

We don't have felons in Canada. We don't have felonies in our law. We have indictable offenses and summary conviction offenses. Anyone in prison can vote in provincial and federal elections. Every person convicted of a crime, except those serving life sentences, is no longer considered a criminal when they have served the full sentence of the law. They have every right every other Canadian has.

I did not know this, thanks for the information.

Seems incredible to me that Paul Bernardo is eligible to vote.

I did not know this, thanks for the information.

Seems incredible to me that Paul Bernardo is eligible to vote.

It has been over 30 years since the New Brunswick thing. In truth, other than my children being born, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I was sentenced to five years in March of 88. in the spring of 89, I was playing golf on quite a decent par 3 at a federal institution that people used to escape from by taxi. Or you could just walk away. By the summer of 91, I had a full four year bachelor's degree from one of Canada's best business universities. By November of 92, I had an MBA, living in Ireland, from one of the world's greatest universities, considered in the top 22 by Fortune magazine at that time. I had been working in places like Amsterdam, Paris, and the Maldives by the time my sentence was up in March of 93. I went to Paris and Frankfurt as part of an airline project for my MBA.

Canada's correctional policies have the dual objective of deterrence and rehabilitation. Failure to rehabilitate, and worse yet, creating a criminal mindset in a person not needing rehabilitation, has great costs to society. So society benefits with some prison, for deterrence, but making a full effort to make convicted people whole again. I speed occasionally, and may not feed a parking meter from time to time, but I'm always in compliance with the law. For me, it's effortless. To go back to some type of unlawful acts would create a great dissonance within me. I can't imagine ever doing that.

We have day parole outside prison at one sixth of sentence, and full parole at one third. I don't know if we have any pot offenders in prison anymore, but I do remember being brought to a federal penitentiary in New Brunswick after my sentencing. The guard at "Intake" says, "I recognize you. You're the pilot who was on TV. We'll get you out of here as soon as possible. We need this space for real criminals". Even then, marijuana charges weren't serious offences, at least not as serious as in the US.

As for Bernardo, he is the worst kind of scum. But we have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and of course one right is the right to liberty. Prison violates that prima facie, but it is considered a "reasonable limit" permitted by the Charter to effect public policy to deter crime. So when a judge sentences you, the punishment is loss of liberty. You do not lose any other right other than to the extent it is necessary to the primary purpose of imprisonment. It is not necessary to deprive the Charter right of voting to carry out imprisonment. No judge sentences you to denial of voting rights.

With the exception of the United States, all of the common law democracies,and most of Europe, Australia, and New Zealand have similar policies. I expect that rehabilitation is the prime public objective in corrections in Latin America as well.

Another wannabet shitbird. You want to set up a bet in which a third party can determine who wins, in this case by saying who he meant. If he wants to fuck you over, as I suspect he would as he's a fairly educated person, he'd say "I was talking about you, you punched out scumbag." If he didn't like me because he thought I was a Trump supporter, he's say he was talking about King Revolver.

Man, you are one dumb motherfucker.

I understand that you feel intimidated by the imbalance in our respective intellectual and moral standing. Nonetheless, in a forum where most of the posters have committed some form of felony, it takes a weaselly piece of shit to mumble about felonies in an attempt to elevate himself out of the mud.

Anything else you'd like to gurgle out on a Thursday afternoon.

youre still a convicted criminal. Nothing going to change that son.

youre still a convicted criminal. Nothing going to change that son.

There is no legal state of "convicted criminal" in Canada. Either you are a criminal or you aren't. Criminal record databases are not public. In some limited circumstances, banker, teacher nurse doctor working with vulnerable people, it is legal for an employer to seek a criminal record check. The person has to approve it, or the police will not release the record. Other than the States, I don't know of any jurisdiction that allows a search of a criminal record under government control by a third party. Police can see your record here. Nobody else can without your permission. In many European countries, even the convicted person can't get a copy of his or her own record.

If you call a person a convicted criminal in Canada, and that person is not serving a sentence, or has a sentence outstanding, you can be sued for libel. You are not a criminal at law in Canada once you have paid the penalty of the law. This may seem puzzling to someone as stupid as you, and as desperate to find some little thing your might be superior to me in, but it makes no sense that people who had served the penalty could still be called a criminal. If that were the case, why would they even attempt to live a legal life? Probably a question way above your pay grade.

What is that pay grade anyway? Or do you even have a job?

If I was worried that some willnot was going to say I was a "convicted criminal", I wouldn't have used my real name my entire life on the forums. I'd be hiding behind a made up, obviously ridiculous, false name like you.

Professor? What do you profess? What was your thesis? That it's not really necessary to start a sentence with a capital letter.

It has been over 30 years since the New Brunswick thing. In truth, other than my children being born, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I was sentenced to five years in March of 88. in the spring of 89, I was playing golf on quite a decent par 3 at a federal institution that people used to escape from by taxi. Or you could just walk away. By the summer of 91, I had a full four year bachelor's degree from one of Canada's best business universities. By November of 92, I had an MBA, living in Ireland, from one of the world's greatest universities, considered in the top 22 by Fortune magazine at that time. I had been working in places like Amsterdam, Paris, and the Maldives by the time my sentence was up in March of 93. I went to Paris and Frankfurt as part of an airline project for my MBA.

Canada's correctional policies have the dual objective of deterrence and rehabilitation. Failure to rehabilitate, and worse yet, creating a criminal mindset in a person not needing rehabilitation, has great costs to society. So society benefits with some prison, for deterrence, but making a full effort to make convicted people whole again. I speed occasionally, and may not feed a parking meter from time to time, but I'm always in compliance with the law. For me, it's effortless. To go back to some type of unlawful acts would create a great dissonance within me. I can't imagine ever doing that.

We have day parole outside prison at one sixth of sentence, and full parole at one third. I don't know if we have any pot offenders in prison anymore, but I do remember being brought to a federal penitentiary in New Brunswick after my sentencing. The guard at "Intake" says, "I recognize you. You're the pilot who was on TV. We'll get you out of here as soon as possible. We need this space for real criminals". Even then, marijuana charges weren't serious offences, at least not as serious as in the US.

As for Bernardo, he is the worst kind of scum. But we have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and of course one right is the right to liberty. Prison violates that prima facie, but it is considered a "reasonable limit" permitted by the Charter to effect public policy to deter crime. So when a judge sentences you, the punishment is loss of liberty. You do not lose any other right other than to the extent it is necessary to the primary purpose of imprisonment. It is not necessary to deprive the Charter right of voting to carry out imprisonment. No judge sentences you to denial of voting rights.

With the exception of the United States, all of the common law democracies,and most of Europe, Australia, and New Zealand have similar policies. I expect that rehabilitation is the prime public objective in corrections in Latin America as well.

I like this.

Thanks for the general information, and your personal story.

My perfect system is in between Canada and the US system. More towards your system for just about everything, but career criminals, pedophiles, murderers, rapists, etc. would be better dealt with more towards a tweaked US system. The "real criminals" that your CO referred to.

I like this.

Thanks for the general information, and your personal story.

My perfect system is in between Canada and the US system. More towards your system for just about everything, but career criminals, pedophiles, murderers, rapists, etc. would be better dealt with more towards a tweaked US system. The "real criminals" that your CO referred to.

Thanks. Couple of other things.

We have pardons here as well. Five years after the expiration of sentence, you can apply to have your record sealed. So a computer check shows nothing. The other thing is that for at least a decade, marijuana shipments to the US were the single greatest export from BC. Close to $100 billion in cash revenue that went into the tills and homes of British Columbians in all walks of life, not just the growers and those doing the jump. I wasn't involved in that, but there is a widespread acceptance of the people who made it happen. Of the 4 million population in BC, there are upwards of 600,000 who had their main or only source of income from BC Bud grown and shipped to the US. I'm not unique as a marijuana offender.