June 1st Weigh-in

EugeneMorgan

I weigh about twenty pounds more than I did as a 12-year-old. I weigh the most I have ever in my life (156 at 5'10"), and it's about five (5) pounds of dat corona pandemic weight. No six- or eight-pack in the future without working out.

Walking is 99.9% of my exercise. I have little desire to work out 99% of the time, so I can't eat EVERYTHING I want. Because I will get skinny fat.

Balanced diet. No food is bad (unless you are allergic to it, or have an intolerance for it)

As active a lifestyle as you can handle.

Water!

Sufficient sleep!

And remove bad stressors from your life (people, places, things).

I said it before: the last time I saw a doctor, George H. W. Bush was still president.

I want to live to be 100+.

I am going to be a weight loss tout. I am offering my weight loss tout services. I will coach you to a svelte figure. :dancing

Yes, and no.

Yes up until they were mid-twenties to thirty or so.

Mom had the low-hurdle (shuttle?) record at her high school for a few years. Dad was football and baseball. Only Black on the baseball team (mid-1960s), wearing number 42. Voted "Most Athletic" and "Best Dressed". Air Force during Vietnam, then did stuff like dogcatcher (first Black one in Akron), and University of Akron police officer (first Black U of A "cop" in Akron). After the cop gig, he became a chunky bastard.

So, when sports or his jobs required fitness, he was fine. When it didn't, he didn't give a fuck.

weighed same last night at 234.5 as i did night before...drank a shit ton of water that day so dont know if that had any efffect...also did 45 minutes walking and no doubt got a bit of a farmers tan...tonight my bar opens so ole gene is definitely gonna have some obstacles in his way...king revolver doesnt have bitch tits and nobody reads this anyway...will be eating eggs with cheese for breakfast and a couple of steaks today i think...hognuts

keep the continue

weighed same last night at 234.5 as i did night before...drank a shit ton of water that day so dont know if that had any efffect...also did 45 minutes walking and no doubt got a bit of a farmers tan...tonight my bar opens so ole gene is definitely gonna have some obstacles in his way...king revolver doesnt have bitch tits and nobody reads this anyway...will be eating eggs with cheese for breakfast and a couple of steaks today i think...hognuts

keep the continue

can you get free drinks for any TGF member who visits your bar while you are working?

Why go to track??

Better surface (I had shin splints before, and have a little bit of a bad left knee/hamstring from thirty years ago running track. I can imagine someone 20-100+ pounds overweight would be screaming)

Easier to calculate progress.

Motivational when others are there.

Couch to 5k is the program I used to ease back into being able to run again a few years back

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/

Dont worry if  you have to repeat some weeks, many people have claimed the program is too hard for beginners

and it took me 13 weeks vs 9 before I could run 5k straight.

But its pretty simple to follow and the structure was solid enough for me.