Ted has a new idea.....needs help

Teddy kgb

I’m at Lake Elsinore right now and we tried to rent a jet ski and the only Two (2) local rental places (just dudes who own jet skis) are all out for the day....

My nephew lives 5min from the lake and has a big lot for storage...

So if I were to buy a couple jet skis (10k each) and rent them out on sat/sun for $85 hr $160 2hr $240 3hr $310 4hr

I think I could have both of these paid off in One (1) summer and then just shut the business down and keep the skis

So what do I need to do this right? Legal....

Business license?

Business cards

Website

Insurance

Figure I could give local spots cards to put in their store with code #’s specific to that spot and when a renter mentions it I’ll give that business $10?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to pontoons that I rented here for about 2 years and they were almost continually rented but I stopped doing it because of the liability issues in the insurance and people were renting them that had no idea how to run them and so they were always getting damaged people would not return them on time people would not show up to rent them at the right time I will tell you that renting boats for the day was horrible for me maybe jet skis on a per hour basis would work but if it would I think your local marinas there would probably already be doing it.

dont do it. your going to rent it out to the wrong person once (1) and they will fuck it up big time and now you have a fight on your hands, making no $ in the meantime

Lake Elsinore is not too rowdy, it’s not the river....just a chill lake, nothing to run into....plus I’ll have insurance and can take them to court if they refuse to pay

Don’t want to deal with that thou, so I hear you, just hoping for the best I guess...need to make it thru One (1) summer

Lake Elsinore is not too rowdy, it’s not the river....just a chill lake, nothing to run into....plus I’ll have insurance and can take them to court if they refuse to pay

Don’t want to deal with that thou, so I hear you, just hoping for the best I guess...need to make it thru One (1) summer

what about gas for the skis? you leave jerry cans around they will go missing. if u have an employee working there goes $100 a day

what about gas for the skis? you leave jerry cans around they will go missing. if u have an employee working there goes $100 a day

My nephew lives 10min away.....he would drop off with full tank, and they would be instructed to call him when the need gas light goes on and the cost of the gas goes on their card

I rent jet skis every year when I go to Laughlin....going next month again

Seems easy....they drop them off and pick them up and drop off gas when asked

We always get full day it’s like $500

Poster Biggamejojo comes with and last year his kid crashed into the dock twice ....once minor once major....they were so caught up on the minor that they missed seeing the major....

I told him prior that he was going to be better off just buying it from them, that’s how bad it was.....he skated big time

Most rentals will be 2 hrs i think youll find.

Jet ski tank will last well over that.

If you are serious, look into a two seater. Much broader and affluent rental base

I was just talking to the wife about that....3 seaters sound nice but when I see it tried it always seems to be tipping over and the more drunks on the ski the chances of something bad happen increases

You had mentioned buying used....I’m not a motor head and want no part of wrenching on these things.....New or nothing