Iowa Derecho: no power day 5

KingKolzig

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh i want you started.

I ever tell you about the time, i ran 50 miles an hour over a lilly pad flat 12 inches deep to get to a deep water pool about 2 acres big. Caught, culled 20 keepers down to 5.

About 22 lbs of fish.

Couldnt get boat back up on plane to get out. Stuck.

Red man all American.

Missed weigh in.

9 lbs won the 100k first place prize

When i get drunk i tell the same 9 stories over and over.

One is the testing nitro boats lake erie.

Legit 8 footers.

Completely immersed over and over sticking the nose into rollers.

Coast guard and nitro in a big ass tuna boat, mirroring me incase i got blown outa the boat by the water/wave

Was a blast, knowing if you did screw up, help was there. So over and over you could totaly push boat to limits,cracking the hull.

I think i got a nitro hat and a certificate for 4 bucks off a jacket for doing that.

Stood boats nose to the moon over and over, would fall back in to the water, and goes so deep water would hit my back

I sold a boat.

Bass boat to a kid.

17.5 foot rated for a 150 hp.

The motor in it was a 200 with a 150 sticker kit.

Motor was bored, syeoked.

Tuned by mercury.

265 hp.

Let's just say it was quick.

Anyhow 3 years after i sold it, saw the guy i sold it to died 2 am boat crash.

I was scared shitless.

Turns out was another boat he owned.

Some have power but many are still without. Alliant Energy stated that by Tuesday a majority of folks should have power. I am on the side of no power still but I'm very fortunate and grateful that my house had very minimal damage. I live in a newer development which did not have mature trees.

My old neighborhood is totally demolished. Breaks my heart for many of these folks. I've been very fortunate to have Covid minimally impact my family and now this. Helping out where I can and keep myself grounded knowing many others are in much worse situations.

I remember a few days ago when I thought the power could just snap on at any moment like I have every other time. Then I followed my powerline through the neighborhood. Tree on it, tree on it, part of house on it, pole down and on and on. No progress in a week whatsoever other than 1 tree gone. "